Olympic Game Day

I'm learning a lot about being a teacher......they say that you never really stop learning. One thing that I'm learning this year is that there's a lot more than just teaching that goes along with the job description. One of the tasks that I took on this year was the schools annual "Olympic Game Day." It took a lot of planning.......dividing up students into color teams for the team events, choosing events, gathering supplies and equipment, developing scoring methods......the list could go on and on! But finally the day arrived.......it was cloudy. We crossed our fingers hoping there wouldn't be rain, but setting up an alternative plan just in case. The morning was to be the team events......relays and races that the cross-grade teams would compete in. The afternoon was to be all the individual events......running, jumping, throwing.....the usual track events. The morning went without a hitch - it was great watching the teams work together - older kids encouraging the younger ones and helping them to complete whatever task was before them. Our school definitely is great at making everyone feel loved and appreciated! After lunch, as the students readied themselves for the individual events, the rain began to fall - there was no stopping it. The afternoon was postponed to a later date - a sunny one. When it finally came, the students were ready to go and we had a wonderful afternoon filled with fun and competition! It was wonderful and I was glad that I had a part in organizing and executing it!





Comments

Popular Posts