Carry On

The end is in sight - this time next week, I'll be sitting on a plane flying over the Pacific Ocean, thinking back on what was and wondering what will be. In fact, it might as well be over and I might as well be leaving today because the next week is so packed full of things that we're required to be at and help with that it seems like I won't hardly see anyone or enjoy my last days here.

**Sigh** It's Memorial Day - a holiday, which means I'm sitting at home wishing I wasn't.... and when I'm in a melancholy mood like this I often turn on some of my country music to keep me company.... the song "Carry On" by Tim McGraw came up, and gave me some encouragement. Here's a few lines from the song:

"Carry on, carry on,
What don't kill us makes us strong
Carry on.

Nobody ever said that life was gonna be fair,
You're never gonna get anywhere by running scared,
If you look down deep inside, you'll find the faith to make you strong,
Carry on."

Life is disappointing sometimes. I've met so many good people in my life and then it always seems like it's time to move on. Most of those people I haven't ever seen again - sometimes I run into some of them, here or there, but it's rare - the flow of life usually just sweeps people away and out of sight. Sometimes I wonder if it wouldn't be better not to meet them all because then I don't have to be disappointed when life moves on - but I know that's not true, because my life has been so enriched and brightened by the people that I've met all over the world.

But if life wasn't such a disappointment, at times, we wouldn't long to leave this place and go to Heaven. The most wonderful thing about Heaven will be seeing Jesus and getting to be with Him every day. But I think the second best thing will be seeing all the people that we've had to say good-bye to over the years. It's gonna be wonderful. We won't ever have to say good-bye again. So until then, I'll just carry on, and see who the flow of life brings me into contact with next.

Comments

Bev said…
thanks for sharing your thoughts Mai. So Glad God brought you into my life as well as the other SM's. See Sat at your farewell party.
Anonymous said…
I wish we had hung out more this year. I hate that we were both lonely and thought that everybody else was having all the fun. Even though it is hard saying goodbye to you and Brit, I'm so glad that I got to get to know you two. What a privilege. You're the coolest Canadian I know.

Popular Posts