Sarah Jane: A Tribute

“Tale as old as time, true as it can be, barely even friends....then unexpectedly.....” You know the song. It might as well have been written for us......well, that part at least! The end of one year we were barely acquaintances, the beginning of the next, we had somehow transformed into best friends. It was like Someone greater than us knew that we needed each other. He knew that we were perfectly suited for each other and would stand by each other faithfully through everything. The first time that we really spent time together, I'm certain was because my guardian angel guided her to my dorm room and told her that I needed someone just then. She was like an angel to me at that very moment.....and of course she still is! We have so many good memories.......Dairy Queen runs, kicking butt on the football field, trying to get up early to study, West Ed, tofu sandwiches, Abraham Lake, driving through Calgary, East Side Marios, making pizza, matching aprons, Royal Oaks, SWAT team orientations, Campus Ministries retreats, Friday night sleep overs and Sabbath morning breakfasts..........there are too many precious memories to even mention here!









She's the most amazing friend anyone could ask for. She's the perfect blend: southern hospitality, proper British manners, Einstein's intelligence, Mother Theresa's kindness, Queen Easter's determination, Ruth's loyalty, Princess Diana's charm, Jesus' love. There couldn't be a more genuine person in the world.


She's taught me so much about myself, other people, and life. She's always believed in me, encouraged me, loved me. She's always been there for me and I know, without a doubt, she always will be.





























Sarah Jane, I miss you so much (and I'm crying as I'm writing this and thinking of all the good times!). I wish I could be there today, May 3, 2007, as you turn 23! You've been such an amazing friend and my heart is there with you today. I love you, Sarah Jane. I can't wait to go to Heaven, because I know I'll get to see you every day...in fact we'll be next door neighbors! I can't wait. But until then, I pray that God blesses you and keeps you safe until I get to see you again!




























p.s. Sorry the pictures are so whack – they have a mind of their own and I couldn't control their placement.

Comments

Popular Posts