Sweet & Sticky Cinnamon Buns

Growing up, every Friday night my grandma would make fresh cinnamon buns. We'd all sit down as a family to eat supper. The table was set extra special to welcome the Sabbath. Sometimes we'd even light candles and dim the lights. It was always a special time. But the best part was always the cinnamon buns! They were light and fluffy with stickiness oozing from the center and icing dripping off the top. As you sunk your teeth into them, it was as if time itself stopped to enjoy the moment with you.

Now that my grandma is getting on in years, her cinnamon buns don't always taste like that anymore. So when I came home this summer and my mom said that she needed 4 dozen cinnamon buns for the rehersal dinner at my brother's wedding, I volunteered to make them since grandma doesn't make them the same as she used to. I figured it couldn't be too difficult to make cinnamon buns - I'd seen my grandma make them a million times before. So I found a recipe and started the first batch. The recipe was a little difficult to understand, so I kinda did things my own was......needless to say my first batch didn't quite turn out as I had imagined. My dad called "brick pyramids," but he still ate them. With 4 dozen cinnamon buns to go, I started over. This time I did exactly what the recipe told me to do and they turned out wonderfully. They were golden brown and tender. The gooey brown stickiness oozed from the center.....they were perfect. So I continued on....3 more dozen. And now I consider myself a professional cinnamon bun maker!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Mail me some.
Sean said…
As you know I'm obsessed with following recipes to the letter.

It's never failed me yet.
We're glad you know how to make these now.... Can we place an order?!?! =D

Popular Posts