The First Impression
Typically, the first impression sets the tone for what's to follow. Sometimes the first impression may be wrong, but usually not. It usually lets you know what to expect - it gives you an idea of what you're up against.
This Sabbath, Bev took Rosana, Lorene, and me down to Grant's Grotto (named after Grant Graves who introduced the area to Bev last year). First we had to find the road that led to the path. After walking down the path, we had to find the trail, covered in vines and tall grass, that led to the grotto and the cliff over-looking the ocean. We questioned Bev if she actually knew where she was going. But finally we came around the slight corner that revealed the grotto to us. It was pretty amazing. Breath-taking. The tide was low, so the crabs were scurrying across the bottom of the grotto while the birds circled above. The breeze was warm and salty. The waves crashing below seemed to silence all the cares of the world. As I paused to take in the moment, I realized that this, my first adventure back in Saipan, was kinda like a first impression - the first impression of the year to come. In May, I dreaded it. All summer I prayed about it. But now, I was ready to embrace it, because it was a good first impression. I'm ready for a great year!




This Sabbath, Bev took Rosana, Lorene, and me down to Grant's Grotto (named after Grant Graves who introduced the area to Bev last year). First we had to find the road that led to the path. After walking down the path, we had to find the trail, covered in vines and tall grass, that led to the grotto and the cliff over-looking the ocean. We questioned Bev if she actually knew where she was going. But finally we came around the slight corner that revealed the grotto to us. It was pretty amazing. Breath-taking. The tide was low, so the crabs were scurrying across the bottom of the grotto while the birds circled above. The breeze was warm and salty. The waves crashing below seemed to silence all the cares of the world. As I paused to take in the moment, I realized that this, my first adventure back in Saipan, was kinda like a first impression - the first impression of the year to come. In May, I dreaded it. All summer I prayed about it. But now, I was ready to embrace it, because it was a good first impression. I'm ready for a great year!







Comments