Flying Alone
I hate flying alone. When I was younger, I loved it because it made me feel grown up and independent, but now that I am grown up and independent, I don't like it so much anymore. There's no one to talk to, no one to watch your back, no one's shoulder to sleep on. Last spring when I was buying the tickets for this summer, I was glad that on the way back to Saipan at the end of the summer, I wouldn't have to fly alone. I was really looking forward to having a travel companion. But things changed. Our plans took a nose-dive as we decided it would be best to go our separate ways. With many tears and a long conversation, I found myself flying alone again.
Sometime life is hard to explain. Sometimes even the best things don't end up as planned. Sometimes we can't see beyond our own wills and desires. But if we look to God, all the variables fade away. Uncertainty vanishes. We can know that if we stay by His side, we don't ever have to fly alone.
Comments
i'm glad that you know God's your wingman. He'll never let you down.
it's still hard. praying for ya.
Don't forget, Babs and I are on the plane right behind you!