My Cat
Call him what you may – monster cat, master of the feline, Garfield wanna-be – he's still my cat. His name is Tux. Sir Tux. And he's in a class of his own.

He joined our family when I was 12 years old, and it was kinda like getting a younger sibling – he was cute and cuddly and stole all the attention! And we fought.....well, more like he picked on me! He would hide around a corner, or between the corn stalks during the summer and then, when I was least suspecting it, he'd spring out from his hiding place and pounce on me....usually resulting in panicked screams and painful scratches before he disappeared back into hiding. But I still loved my kitty. Whenever I got the chance (when I found him sleeping and off-guard), I'd pick him up and hug him until his tail would start flapping, telling me that he'd had enough love.


Returning home from Saipan this summer, I realized how much I had missed him while I was gone. And, just like siblings who grow up and no longer fight, Tux and I get along a lot better now that we're more grown up. Since I've been home, he sleeps in my bed with me every night.....or maybe it's me sleeping in his bed, I'm not sure. But he doesn't bat at me anymore when I roll over on his tail in the middle of the night. I love my kitty so much.....I'm gonna miss him again this year.



He joined our family when I was 12 years old, and it was kinda like getting a younger sibling – he was cute and cuddly and stole all the attention! And we fought.....well, more like he picked on me! He would hide around a corner, or between the corn stalks during the summer and then, when I was least suspecting it, he'd spring out from his hiding place and pounce on me....usually resulting in panicked screams and painful scratches before he disappeared back into hiding. But I still loved my kitty. Whenever I got the chance (when I found him sleeping and off-guard), I'd pick him up and hug him until his tail would start flapping, telling me that he'd had enough love.


Returning home from Saipan this summer, I realized how much I had missed him while I was gone. And, just like siblings who grow up and no longer fight, Tux and I get along a lot better now that we're more grown up. Since I've been home, he sleeps in my bed with me every night.....or maybe it's me sleeping in his bed, I'm not sure. But he doesn't bat at me anymore when I roll over on his tail in the middle of the night. I love my kitty so much.....I'm gonna miss him again this year.




Comments
How'd you do that last picture? Was that photoshop?