A Special Sabbath

I love Sabbath! Actually, my very favorite part comes right before Sabbath. As the sun gets low on the horizon ready to soon sink behind, all the work is finished and everything is perfect and prepared for the Sabbath to begin. There is such a peace during that time. I love the feeling of waiting and longing for the Sabbath to begin. And as the sun drops over the edge, there's a feeling of relief that the Sabbath has arrived again and the hassles of the world cannot harass for the next 24 hours. It's a beautiful feeling.

This Sabbath, as many of you know, was a very special Sabbath. It was the seventh day of the seventh month of the (two thousand and) seventh year. God's perfect number on His perfect day. As this special day approached, thousands of people in churches all over the world prayed for the out pouring of the Holy Spirit. The Bible promises us that if we ask we will receive. I believe that God has heard our sincere prayers and will pour out the Holy Spirit upon the hearts that are ready and willing to receive Him.

We need Him to rain on us. There has been drought. We have thirsted after the Holy Spirit for too long. We need the floodgates to open and for the latter rain to be poured out upon us. Without the latter rain, there will be no harvest.

It is my prayer today that both you and I will continue to prepare our hearts and lives so that the Holy Spirit can pour out His power in our lives and work through us. I want to be a part of it, and I hope you are too!

Comments

Sean said…
Amen.
Anonymous said…
Mai!!!
What a beautiful woman you have become! And a wonderful writer! Your words inspire me...

I came across your blog by accident and thought to myself... I wonder what that darling little girl is up to now???... only to discover that you are no longer a little girl! Congratulations on all that you have become... growing up is such a hard thing to do.
love and prayers,
Angela Reimche (used to be Cole:))
Sean said…
Mai, this is totally off topic but I know you check your blog so I figure you'll see this. . .Babs wants to know when Jere is getting to Saipan. I guess he's staying in our house for a few days or something till he gets settled and she needs to let Keisha know when he's coming (as she's staying in our house right now). Just let me know by commenting my blog or e-mailing me at maycocksean@hotmail.com. Thank you!

Popular Posts