Abundant Blessings

I used to think it was selfish or improper to ask God to bless me. To do so often felt like I was just asking God to give me good things and to improve my life. But the closer I get to God and the more I study His Word, I realize that God wants to bless us - He wants us to ask Him for a blessing. And often, I think He wants to bless us, but He is just simply waiting for us to ask it of Him. I read this morning in Proverbs where it says that "a faithful man will abound with blessings" (28:20). I believe that God enjoys nothing more than pouring out His blessings on His faithful followers. So I don't feel bad anymore to ask God for blessings. I want to be considered one of His faithful followers. I want Him to rain His blessings down on me so that I become soaked in His goodness - not so I can say, "Look at me. Look at how I have prospered." - but so my life will be filled up so much with God that I cannot help but give Him the glory and share the blessings with all around me.

Comments

Anonymous said…
AMEN! thanks for sharing, Mai! that is a perfect way of looking at it!
love sj
Anonymous said…
Bring on the blessings! I like it. If eternity in heaven is beyond our best hopes, why not start living it up here on earth? Too bad I miss a lot of blessings because I'm stresssed out or focused on other things. I'll try to keep my eyes open and see how God blesses me today. Oh, here's one! Your blog.
Sean said…
Mai, by the looks of things, God's already got the blessings flowing your way!

You really inspire me!

Popular Posts