Galatians
I never really thought that Galatians would be a good place to start sharing the Bible. Most people use one of the gospels, or stories from the old testament. But this week, I used Galatians. At school, our memory verse for this week is Galatians 5:22,23 "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control." After sending the verse home for the students to memorize, one of my new Japanese students came back to school the next day asking if I had a copy of the book of Galatians. I explained that it was one of the many books in the Bible and I showed her how to look it up. She was very happy when she was able to find the verse. Then she asked, "Can I borrow it for three days?" I quickly agreed and was delighted that God's Holy Word would be traveling into a non-Christian home.
I don't know what happened once the Bible made it to her home, but I do know that it was there, along with several angels. Maybe it planted a seed. Maybe it ignited interest. Maybe I'll never know until I get to Heaven. Until then, I'll keep sharing God's Word with my students in any way I can.
I don't know what happened once the Bible made it to her home, but I do know that it was there, along with several angels. Maybe it planted a seed. Maybe it ignited interest. Maybe I'll never know until I get to Heaven. Until then, I'll keep sharing God's Word with my students in any way I can.


Comments