God Is Love
I promise that I'll post some pictures soon and blog about what I've been doing lately, but I really wanted to share this new insight that I gained during our Bible Study tonight - it emerged from my philosophical side......
We all know that God is love - we quote it all the time. 1 John 4:8. But tonight as we talked about the fundamental belief behind God the Father, I realized that there is more to that statement than we give credit. This is what I discovered.....
Many people wonder why God even created humans if He knew we would sin and turn away from Him. But God is love - not just that He has love in His heart - but God is love. He created us because He wanted to love us despite our choices and actions. If God didn't have something or someone to love, there would be no love, therefore God could not exist because God is love. I'm not saying that God needs us in order to be God or to exist, but He would have been going against His own nature if He didn't create us because love's natural tendency is to want to create something as a result of all the love. People get married and want to have children because in those children they have created is a symbol of the love that they share. So it was with God. Humans were a result of all the love that existed in God. Even knowing the outcome, God created us because God is love.
We all know that God is love - we quote it all the time. 1 John 4:8. But tonight as we talked about the fundamental belief behind God the Father, I realized that there is more to that statement than we give credit. This is what I discovered.....
Many people wonder why God even created humans if He knew we would sin and turn away from Him. But God is love - not just that He has love in His heart - but God is love. He created us because He wanted to love us despite our choices and actions. If God didn't have something or someone to love, there would be no love, therefore God could not exist because God is love. I'm not saying that God needs us in order to be God or to exist, but He would have been going against His own nature if He didn't create us because love's natural tendency is to want to create something as a result of all the love. People get married and want to have children because in those children they have created is a symbol of the love that they share. So it was with God. Humans were a result of all the love that existed in God. Even knowing the outcome, God created us because God is love.


Comments