A Rainy Day

It isn't something that you might see every day, but in Saipan huge, gooey snail's aren't uncommon. In fact on rainy days, you have to be careful not to step on them when you walk out your front door. Well, today was another rainy day and this was the amazing sight that I saw when I looked at the trunk of the hibiscus tree outside our apartment.

Comments

Bev said…
ewww. If Rosana were still here she'd pour salt all over them!
Unknown said…
The Giant African Snail (Achatina fulica): a bane to Saipan's gardens. Can you imagine some people keep them as pets? I wonder what ecological havoc they can cause introduced to an environment that didn't have them before...that's the nerd in me talking.
Sean said…
That picture gives me the willies! :shudder:
Anonymous said…
POUR SALT ON THEM...ITS FUNNN
Anonymous said…
you should feed them to Justco.

Popular Posts