Saving Lives
Today, all the teachers at the SDA school became students for a little while. We sat in a class and listened to the instructor as he told us how to save lives. The course was infant and child CPR. Although I've previously been trained, there is such a wealth of good information. Even though I hope I never need to use the information, I wanted to soak it all up and permanently ingrain it into my mind, so that if I ever find myself at the scene of an emergency, I'm prepared to act. When I think about it, I'm worried that I'll freeze and have a mind block when the time actually comes. Will I panic and not be able to help the person in need?
It kinda reminds me of the spiritual aspect of saving lives. I've grown up learning about Jesus and all the things in the Bible. In school and at church I have been given all the knowledge I need to act when I meet a person in a spiritual emergency. But will I freeze up when the time comes and not know what to say? Will I fumble through what being a Christian means to me and leave the person more confused than before they met me?
I pray that when the time comes for me to save a life or to help save a soul, I'll know exactly what to do. That's why I took the CPR course today. And that's why we've recently started a small Bible study group on Friday nights that is taking us back to the basics. We're going right back to the beginning and studying what we as Seventh-day Adventist Christians believe, so that we'll be able to live our lives according to the fullest truth that we know, and so that we're prepared for whatever spiritual emergency we may encounter. With God's help I will be prepared when it comes to saving lives or saving souls.
It kinda reminds me of the spiritual aspect of saving lives. I've grown up learning about Jesus and all the things in the Bible. In school and at church I have been given all the knowledge I need to act when I meet a person in a spiritual emergency. But will I freeze up when the time comes and not know what to say? Will I fumble through what being a Christian means to me and leave the person more confused than before they met me?
I pray that when the time comes for me to save a life or to help save a soul, I'll know exactly what to do. That's why I took the CPR course today. And that's why we've recently started a small Bible study group on Friday nights that is taking us back to the basics. We're going right back to the beginning and studying what we as Seventh-day Adventist Christians believe, so that we'll be able to live our lives according to the fullest truth that we know, and so that we're prepared for whatever spiritual emergency we may encounter. With God's help I will be prepared when it comes to saving lives or saving souls.
This is where we went to take the CPR course. It's an old jail!




Comments
Have fun in Bible study. I look forward to hearing about it.
I left a message for you at the house :)I will call again later :)
Have a fantastic day!
I ALSO enjoyed HOLDING the baby nicely!
lol!