Tank Swim
Tank swim - it's exactly what it sounds like. We swim out to the old, abandoned tanks in the water. It's lots of fun and it's great exercise. Yesterday we decided to do the tank swim after school rather than the usual 5 a.m. run. It was a nice break. The sun was shining. The clouds were dreamy. And the water was warm. The thing that made this tank swim more special than the rest was, not that I was taking the new SM's there for the first time (that was cool, too), but that I got to take Sean R. Maycock, 10-year resident of Saipan, out to the tanks for his very first time!!! It was cool to be there as he experienced the tank swim for the very first time. He seemed slightly at awe as he walked around on top of the tank and viewed Saipan from a perspective that he had never seen it from before. We only went to the first tank yesterday (we needed to rush back in time for prayer meeting), but I know that this is just the first of many tank swims that we'll do this year........right, Sean?!?
Here's the after-swim shot of the 4 of us.




Comments
That's amazing. Wish I could've been there to witness that! :)
miss you guys like CRAZY!!
All part of my resolution to "be more active this year" There's too many things on this island that I've never done despite living here ten years. That's going to change this year.
Oh, and by the way, I actually think Jess may have beat me in that first picture!