Using the Talent

The beginning of this week I posted a list of my goals for this new school year, but I didn't realize that some of them would begin to happen so quickly. I've been doing my devotions each morning pretty consistently, and I've been making my bed every day......but the goal about practicing guitar every day so I'd be able to play at school and church......I didn't expect that to actually happen for a while. But this morning, I, along with one of the 8th grade students, led the entire school in singing during Joint Worship.....not just one or two songs, but six!!! The first song was a little shaky and didn't quite go as planned, but as we continued playing we gained momentum and ended on a strong note. As we were putting our guitars back in our cases, she whispered to me, "We did good, Miss." And she was right. It was our first time, but we did our best to use the talent we were given and "we did good!"

Check out the videos (below) of a couple of the songs......

Comments

Anonymous said…
Mai!!! I miss waking up and hearing you play your guitar.
Sean said…
Thanks so much for posting those videos, Mai. I was so sad that I missed your joint worship debut and I was glad I got to still see it.

You both did great! Your willingness to play for joint worship is such a gift to the school!
Anonymous said…
I knew you could do it. I'm proud of you.

Popular Posts