If October Doesn't Kill Me.....

If October doesn't kill me.....I'll be invincible! October is still 6 days away and I'm already dreading it from the depth of my soul. There are so many things I have to do, all happening in October, that often I don't even know where to start because it's so overwhelming.

Some of the things that will plague me in October:
  • Spirit Week - I'm supposed to help plan it...it's next week!
  • Olympic Game Day - also planning it
  • Volleyball games and practices continue until the end of October
  • Our Scuba test is on Sunday and then we begin all the dives each Sunday after that until the end of October
  • The Kagaman Evangelistic meetings begin in October
  • 6 of my students have birthdays in October - this means that parents send cake and a bunch of other things that disrupts class and my attempts of teaching them.....this will happen 6 times in one month!!!!
This is all in addition to: teaching, planning lessons, helping with Real Christian Theater Drama Club, playing for song service at Joint Worship each week, teaching Primary Sabbath School, planning special musics for the staff to sing, and trying to live a balanced life (which theoretically means cooking, cleaning, jogging, swimming, and working out)!

At the moment, I feel like life is trying to drown me, but like I said, if I make it through October, I'll be invincible!

So for the next few weeks, please keep me in your prayers and keep in touch....but if you don't hear back from me right away, you'll know why!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh my!
You'll be in my prayers for sure!
Hugs,
Karen Ritchey
Anonymous said…
Good things about Oct.
1. My birthday.
2. Tons of cake and ice cream for you lunch.
3. Watching the kids get better at volleyball.
4. Reaching people for Jesus in Kagman.
5. Soon you'll be able to scuba with sharks!
It's the hump month. It was for me. After Oct. things weren't as crazy. Don't kill yourself. If you have to drop some things. What needs to be done? What can you let go for a few weeks? Don't kill yourself with exercise, meals, Kagman, and making everybody else happy. Take care of Mai.
Anonymous said…
Well said Mai!

If you guys are ever looking for qulaity drama, check out Jim Pappas. If you are not the one looking, pass this on to that person. Jim taught at PUC for years.

I worked with these in the past and they were excellent:

HEAVEN'S A NICE PLACE TO VISIT, BUT . . ..
6-9 actors 40 minutes
Suggested donation $15.00
You can order by secure server by CLICKING HERE

Our best seller - especially popular in summer camps across the U.S. The story of a man who falls asleep on the couch and rides a dream to heaven. In his dream he learns that even heaven, with all its wonders and pleasures cannot bring happiness to a man without Christ. A humorous beginning that ends on a heavy thought. Try it!
{We have an alternative ending that Jim OK'd that I would highly suggest. If you like this script, I can give you the other ending.)





--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
COUNT THE STARS
The story of Abraham
5-l5 actors 90 minutes
Suggested donation $25.00
Musical sound track available on request $25.00
Another best selling script - a meaningful look into the depth of God's love for man. This story of Abraham is told in the setting of a debate between God and Satan. As in the book of Job, Abraham's life is presented to the onlooking universe and many verbal exchanges between the powers of good and evil ensue.
|You can order by secure server by CLICKING HERE


And one other is John 9 that is well done. I didn't see that on his web site, but it should be available.

Blessing to you. Know you are in my mprayers. IT was fun getting acquainted with you. Thaks for being so good to Grant. You replay to his blogs faithfully!

Grant' Dad (Mr. Mr. Graves)





THE LAMB: A STORY OF THE EXODUS
12 Actors 90 minutes
Suggested donation $25.00
You can order by secure server by CLICKING HERE

The story of the Exodus from the point of view of a Hebrew and Egyptian family whose oldest children just happen to have taken a serious liking to each other. When Moses returns from the desert to free the children of Israel, choices have to be made by the young lovers, the evil taskmaster, Dobni, and the Hebrew parents. Lots of acting challenges. Only related to Easter as it ties in to the True Passover Lamb.
Ev said…
Hi - sorry to read you are overwhelmed. Will certainly remember you in my prayers. Enjoy reading your and Crystal's blogs and seeing all the beautiful pictures. Glad to see you and Jeff have connected on Facebook. Take care sweet girl.
Love you
Ev Steinke
Bev said…
phew, i feel almost the same way. Cheering and praying for you Mai. *squeeeeeeezes* from me!
Anonymous said…
Praying for you!
Sean said…
Well, I'll be right there in the trenches with you. We WILL survive, I promise!