Joy of the Lord

As you know (if you read my last post), that my life has been insanely busy as of late......but this afternoon, as I scrubbed the kitchen floor on my hands and knees, I had a smile on my face and joy just seemed to bubble out of my heart. Every few minutes, I just felt like I had to express that joy or I might explode, so I'd say, "I'm so glad it's almost Sabbath!!" Even though it will be a busy Sabbath - teaching Primary Sabbath School, 2 special musics, potluck, 2 baptisms, and a baby shower - I'm so glad it's Sabbath!

I don't quite understand how the rest of the world can survive without the Sabbath - but I guess that's all they're doing - surviving. The Sabbath gives us the freedom to live! I'm so glad I have a whole day where I can put everything else aside and just enjoy life and be with God! It's such a beautiful thing!

Also, I've started a "Gratitude Journal." It's a cute little note pad with a quotation on the front: "Life is filled with melodies and rhythms only the soul can hear." It sits beside my bed, and every night before I turn off my light, I take a few minutes to think back over the day and write down at least 5 things that I was thankful for during the day. At first, I admit, it was a little difficult - our society has gotten in the habit of being ungrateful - but as I have made it a part of my daily routine, I have begun notice little things through out the day that I'm grateful for..... it didn't rain during my morning run, staff meeting was canceled, no students cried.... So often the little blessings are over-looked, but I believe that it's the little blessings that get us through the day!

So as I've began to make it a habit to be thankful for all the blessings in my life, I feel that God has been adding to the things for me to be thankful for.....interesting how that works! And with so many things to be thankful for, I couldn't stop my heart from singing as the joy bubbled forth this afternoon.......I'm so glad it's Sabbath!

Comments

Beth said…
I am also so glad it is Sabbath for you already, have a great day, and it is good to read about your "JOY" lOVE mom

Popular Posts