Higher Calling

Muscles bulging, fingers gripping, lungs heaving, I lunged towards a hold that was otherwise far out of my reach. My fingers stuck right where I intended and I was able to pull myself up over the the slight protrusion of the rock face...... With adrenalin coursing through my veins I was able to finish the rest of the climb with great ease.


What an amazing climb! It took place on a well-known rock face in Saipan, called Suicide Cliff. The route that I climbed (as my second climb of the day) had not been climbed before, which means that I got to name it! It will now be known as “Higher Calling”. Not only does this represent the climb – as it calls me back to continue climbing with greater challenges each time, but it also represents what I feel God is saying to me right now – He is using me here and now, but I feel He has something amazing in store in the near future and He is inviting me to discover what it is that He as planned. I can't wait to find out!


It was an amazing day of climbing......my muscles are now aching and my hands are dry and sore, but it was all worth it. I worked hard all week to be sure that I would have all my work done so I wouldn't have to go in to school today, and it was all worth it. I love climbing, and I can't wait to do it again!


Crystal, Missy, and I as we arrived at our climbing spot

Ken - having fun belaying all of us

This is a where the "warm-up" climb started

The view from where we were climbing from
Ken taking off the rope.......I'm so happy to be climbing again!!!

Crystal on her first climb ever - she did great!

I love this shot of Judith - she looks so pensive!

Missy blazing up the rock

My second climb - "Higher Calling". **Please note the rippling shoulder muscles and bulging biceps as I grip the rock!!! ** All the working out is beginning to pay off!!

Meet Jeff - one of the guys we climbed with.

Ken getting his turn on the rock
Sorta a group shot - that's Alan in the middle, the master-mind behind this whole operation!

Comments

Ev said…
Wow, I am impressed!!
Ev Steinke
Brit's Blog said…
NOT FAIR!!!

omg...that's amazing Mai. Dr. Ken promised he'd take me when I'm out again :)

I can't wait...was it a little bit scarey??

Keep having fun!
Gloria Pierson said…
My lands! What you don't get up to with those Piersons!!! You guys did so well - yes, those bulging biceps - impressive!!! So neat to see you all having so much fun!
It was fun! You're an amazing rock climber. Very good! WE'll do it again.
Bev said…
wow! let's plan another climb soon!
Sean said…
Mai--you rock! (Pun intended) :)

I really hope you guys go again. I will definitely be there!
Unknown said…
Wow! Looks AWESOME!
Anonymous said…
I'm glad you got to go rock climbing too! You looked like you sure had fun.
Anonymous said…
so proud of you! and impressed by the photos ;)
glad you had fun! hope this is a great week for you!
mwah
sj

Popular Posts