The Week's Top 10

The past week was such a blur of activities that I found it hard to sort it all out. But I wanted to share the highlights with you.....

1. Last year, one of my 3rd graders didn't get along with some of the 2nd graders, so I was very worried about having them in the same classroom this year, but things have gone so much better than I could have imagined. They play together at recess, share with each other at lunch, and even look out for each other during the day. It's truly a beautiful thing to watch!

2. God was looking out for me and kept my mouth shut in a potentially sticky situation. What a blessing!

3. I barely had time to eat this week, never mind cook - so I was especially blessed when my roommates shared the food that they had cooked.

4. Prayer meeting on Wednesday night has become a highlight and a haven for me each week! I was blessed to share my burdens and pray with Judith this week.

5. I got my first "buff" compliment at the school picnic on Sunday, when I picked up the 5-gallon jug of water and poured it into the juice pitcher. Working out is definitely paying off!

6. I was able to reach out to one of my fellow teachers when she was having a rough day, being away from her sister during a tough time. It made me feel needed and useful out here!

7. The Jr. Varsity volleyball team at school (which I'm assisting with) had their first practice on Monday......and their first game on Tuesday. Although they didn't win the match, they played hard and had such great attitudes about it.

8. I have one student who periodically throughout the day will come up to my desk just to hug me. She often throws in a compliment about me being beautiful or the best teacher. It's always a boost of confidence and helps fill up my love cup!

9. I got to talk to my mom, both my brothers, and my sister-in-law, all in one day!

10. Friday night bible study has also become a highlight of each week. I was blessed this week as we talked about Jesus and the sacrifice that he made just to save us. It seems so cliche because we talk about it all the time, but when you really stop to think about it, it's truly an amazing thing. And we can't even begin to understand it all......my favorite quote from the bible study this week was: "Faith offers us peace despite all the things we don't understand." To top it off, Sean brought his homemade peach cobbler.......yum!


There you have it........my week at a glance! And now another one's about to begin. Happy new week!!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sounds like a good week. Keep up working out. You're an inspiration to me.

Popular Posts