An Eventful Weekend!

The weekend is already over for me, and since my last post, I think I've regained my sanity - at least most of it! It has been a very exciting and eventful weekend.....let me share it with you!

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 26, 5:23 P.M. - The Saipan SDA Volleyball team became the champions of the 2007 Private School League Volleyball Tournament. They played hard and earned their victory fair and square. It was beautiful to watch them play. As the winning point was scored the crowd went wild. Those kids truly deserved their victory. I'm so proud of them!
A few of my students from last year, who are now in 5th grade, playing in the "big leagues"! I'm so proud of them!
MVP of the Team!
SABBATH, OCTOBER 27, 12:19 P.M. - Due to the evangelistic meetings that we are holding in Kagman, we also decided to have church in Kagman this Sabbath. So, as soon as the benediction was said after the Divine Service, we moved right into potluck. It was the biggest potluck I've ever witnessed in my time here in Saipan. There was lots of food......and it was good food! There was lots of good fellowship too!
LATER THAT DAY...... 2:25 P.M. - Being the last chance to hand out flyers inviting people to come to the meetings, we set out in the hot afternoon sun. As we made our rounds, we were beginning to get tired, but decided to stop at one last house. It belonged to a lady, Linda, who was sitting around a table in the shade with several of her children, enjoying the afternoon. She quickly invited us to join her and made room for us at her table. She sent one of her sons to fetch us drinks and we joined her for about half an hour as we just chatted. She looked so young, but we were surprised to find our that she has 10 children! She was just such a good person - she believed in training up her children to be hard workers, but she also valued quality time with her family. She lived a simple life, but had a beautifully tended yard with many tropical flowers and plants to enjoy. It was so beautiful and refreshing to see. There we were to invite her to come meet Jesus.....and yet, I feel that I saw a glimpse of Jesus in her.

Linda's beautiful yard

EVEN LATER THAT DAY........ 3:12 P.M. - After we finished handing out flyers, we headed down to a secluded beach to relax for a while before the evening meeting. We found the perfect spot that was sheltered from the sweltering sun, but we could still enjoy the crashing waves and the soothing ocean breeze. Jessica, Judith and I sprawled out on a sheet and quickly fell asleep for awhile. When we woke up, we chatted and lazed around for awhile. We played with the tiniest hermit crab ever! We watched a mother dog down the beach a ways as she dug a little nest for her puppies that had just had their bath in the ocean. They were shivering, and they huddled together for warmth, but were so cute! The Sabbath ended with another beautiful sunset.
SUNDAY MORNING, OCTOBER 28, 7:16 A.M. - We pulled the door closed behind us as we headed off for a much-needed morning run. It had been a while since we'd it the path, and finally, the opportunity presented itself and we gladly took it! It was a tough run. It was starting to get hot, and the humid air seemed to make my lungs heavy and hard to breath. But after we returned to our car, stripped down, and cooled off in the water, I began to feel less pain and more gain!

A LITTLE WHILE LATER....... 8:38 A.M. - With rumblings in our stomachs and "chill-bumps" on our skin, we ordered a warm, yummy breakfast at Shirley's......pancakes, hashbrowns, and grape-jelly on toast......it hit the spot! While we were eating the headline of the newspaper at the next booth caught my eye. We quickly asked the ladies if we could borrow the newspaper and, sure enough, it was an article about the volleyball team's glorious win on Friday. After breakfast, we rushed around to several gas stations to try and secure our own copy of the article. It wasn't until late in the afternoon until we finally found available newspapers to buy.
While hunting for newspapers, Judith and I found possible the biggest bananas ever!
THAT SAME DAY........ 1:23 P.M. - With a boost of energy from our morning run, Judith, Jessica and I decided to do some deep cleaning. I attacked the living room windows and blinds and they took on other battles. A short hour or so later, not only was our living room sparkling clean, but it had also been transformed into a haven of peace and rest. With furniture re-located and re-distributed, the room took on a whole new feeling. I love it.Sadly, all good things must come to an end......well not all good things, but most, and the weekend just happened to be one of those things.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Whew! What a weekend. Thanks for the pics of the kids and volleyball. I'm so proud of them. Miss sure did a good job taking them to the next level. I think that beach you were at on Sabbath is where I saw all the sharks. Tank Beach? I dunno about the names. I forget things like that. Sounds like you had a relaxing Sunday. Good job. Way to recharge your batteries. Hey, Novemember's here. Hopefully things will start to slow down for you. You're doing a great job out there. I miss you and Sean and the kids and the beach. Enjoy.
Anonymous said…
The House looks GREAT!! I miss ya'll and that awesome weather. Its getting cold here. Praying for you!!

Rosana
Brit's Blog said…
Awww!!! I'm so pround of our kids!!! I miss them...
CoNgRaTs!!!

Your weekend brings back so many memories :)

I'm glad you're doing great.Hopefully things will slow down next month!! YAY for November!
Sean said…
You had time to blog! I'm so frickin jealous!!!

Popular Posts