A Sabbath Full of Blessings!
It has been a great Sabbath. I woke up this morning and opened my door to a really full yard. It kinda reminded me of home because my dad always has lots of cars around! After a relaxing morning, we headed off to church - in our own car!! Our car was broken all week long, which meant we were either stuck at home or we had to rely on other people to give us rides which can quickly become frustrating.

We had communion this week at church and I got to wash Riki's feet and pray with her. I don't get to see Riki often because she works down at the preschool and lives at the other apartments, so it was nice to spend some time with her. After church we headed out to Kagman, a remote part of the island, to have a little picnic potluck and then go door-to-door inviting people to our evangelistic meeting that is starting next week. Right about the time we were going to start knocking on doors, it started to rain, but we decided to go ahead anyway. In a matter of minutes we were soaked - but since it's Saipan it was warm rain and we enjoyed frolicking in the rain and splashing in the puddles. I wish I had a picture of it because we were soaked to the bone and looked like drowned rats! (Pretty drowned rats!)
By the time we got home, we were quite chilled - it does actually get cold here, although most of you wouldn't believe it. So I jumped into a hot shower and took my sweet time! When I got out, one of my roommates had prepared a nice steaming hot drink which I happily downed. It felt good to be warm inside and out!
We also had a furry little blessing in our home. A little stray puppy has wondered into our lives and we've all kinda been passing him around and taking care of him until we find a home for him. He's super cute (despite all the ticks and fleas....yuck)! We enjoyed playing with him.



We joked around with Sean and Barbara about them being such a cute little family - but Sean is dead set against having another dog.
To end off the day, we met up with our dive instructors at the dive shop to get our gear, because Sunday is our very first day of in-water training. Afterwards, I rode home with Sean because my roommates all needed to do laundry (due to an ant army marching through their clothing closet - it gives a whole new meaning to "ants in your pants." I know what that feels like - and it's NOT cool). So they headed off to the laundry mat, and I came home with Sean - but on the way home we stopped off at McDonalds (something that I had never yet done here in Saipan) and he treated me to a Hot Fudge Sunday....he said something about he had talked to them earlier that day and they said my money was no good there. It was a great blessing to end off my Sabbath full of blessings!
Full yard!

We had communion this week at church and I got to wash Riki's feet and pray with her. I don't get to see Riki often because she works down at the preschool and lives at the other apartments, so it was nice to spend some time with her. After church we headed out to Kagman, a remote part of the island, to have a little picnic potluck and then go door-to-door inviting people to our evangelistic meeting that is starting next week. Right about the time we were going to start knocking on doors, it started to rain, but we decided to go ahead anyway. In a matter of minutes we were soaked - but since it's Saipan it was warm rain and we enjoyed frolicking in the rain and splashing in the puddles. I wish I had a picture of it because we were soaked to the bone and looked like drowned rats! (Pretty drowned rats!)
By the time we got home, we were quite chilled - it does actually get cold here, although most of you wouldn't believe it. So I jumped into a hot shower and took my sweet time! When I got out, one of my roommates had prepared a nice steaming hot drink which I happily downed. It felt good to be warm inside and out!
We also had a furry little blessing in our home. A little stray puppy has wondered into our lives and we've all kinda been passing him around and taking care of him until we find a home for him. He's super cute (despite all the ticks and fleas....yuck)! We enjoyed playing with him.



We joked around with Sean and Barbara about them being such a cute little family - but Sean is dead set against having another dog.
To end off the day, we met up with our dive instructors at the dive shop to get our gear, because Sunday is our very first day of in-water training. Afterwards, I rode home with Sean because my roommates all needed to do laundry (due to an ant army marching through their clothing closet - it gives a whole new meaning to "ants in your pants." I know what that feels like - and it's NOT cool). So they headed off to the laundry mat, and I came home with Sean - but on the way home we stopped off at McDonalds (something that I had never yet done here in Saipan) and he treated me to a Hot Fudge Sunday....he said something about he had talked to them earlier that day and they said my money was no good there. It was a great blessing to end off my Sabbath full of blessings!


Comments