Simple Blessings

Although the day has come to an end and I find myself exhausted, it still has been a good day. There were simple blessings throughout the day that made me smile and kept me going. Here are a few of them:
  • The sun was shining and my kids didn't have to stay cooped up in the classroom all day (that's a huge blessing!!)
  • I had a good amount of quality time with Bridget, my guitar
  • I got to talk to my best friend, Sarah Jane, in the middle of the week!
  • One of the 1st grade girls randomly ran up to me at lunch time, wrapped her arms around me and said, "Ms. Odiyar, you're beautiful!"
  • I got to ride in the back of Rusty (the truck).....it's been a while since I've been able to do that and it brought back a lot of memories of the good ol' days!
  • I had about an hour of quite solitude at home before all my roommates came home.
  • One of my roommates cooked a nice dinner and shared with us all......it included fresh, green salad - a luxury that I don't get to indulge in often
It's the little things that get us through each day. I hope you take a few moments to recognize the little blessings in your life. Have a good rest of the week!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hearing about your ride in Rusty and time with Bridget made me smile. Enjoy the good stuff.
Anonymous said…
Yes, the girls got to play. They had the first game.
Anonymous said…
hmm.. you ARE beautiful! and aMAzing :) so great chatting to you the early hours of this morning ;)

Popular Posts