Underwater Classroom

As a teacher, I love my classroom. It's small, but I know where everything is, I can keep an eye on all the students and make sure they are doing what they're supposed to. But today, the teacher became the student and the classroom was ambiguous as we donned our gear and headed into the ocean.

I was a little nervous - I had all the knowledge in my head and had passed the test with 98%.....but would I be able to put all that knowledge into action, I wondered. However, somehow, wearing the gear and being in the water, I just seemed to know what to do. There were times where I didn't quite get it right the first time, but our instructors were ever patient with us and kept working with us until we got it perfect.

This week we were only in shallow water, practicing all the skills we'll need to know well before we go on our first real, open water dive. By the end of the day we were all exhausted from the water and sun....we had been out there for 9 hours!!! But it was still a lot of fun to actually be there and doing it. We even saw a few cool flounder fish! I can't wait until I'm fully certified and get to see all the other, even more amazing things that God has created for us!

Setting up my gear

All of us with Dennis - one of our instructors
There we are with all our gear - please notice the cool dive watch on my wrist...Thanks Ron! I love you!
Me with my roomates
Me and the birthday girl....today was her actual birthday!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Keep up the good work with playing your guitar. If you feel you need a break, don't keep going and going. I did and it burned me out for awhile.

Scuba sounded cool. You'll see way more cool fish. Have fun making bubbles.
Yeah! You guys are almost ready to come diving! We are excited for you to join us.
Bev said…
we are going to have so much fun diving together! Looking forward new adventures underwater! xoxoxo
Anonymous said…
i am mucho jealous! looks like you guys had fun.
and i like your sweet rash guard *winkwink* :)
i might be starting my certification in novemeber? maybe - we'll see how much lab work i have to accomplish. ugh! school!

Popular Posts