Back in the Game

I've been back on-island for over 3 months and I'm sad to say that I've hardly played any volleyball this year. I've played in a couple games against our school's volleyball team and for about 10 minutes on at the beach, but that's it. You might think, "How is that possible? You live on an island!" Believe me, I ask myself the same question every day.

Good memories from last year.....
But last night, all of that changed! After a long day of school, working out, and drama practice, I was ready to go home and get to bed. But, when Bev pulled up and asked if I wanted to go play pick-up volleyball at Ada gym, I got my second wind. I jumped in the car with her and away we went!

My volleyball buddy
I'm a little out of practice since it's been so long, so I felt a little awkward on the court at times, but it was just nice to be out there. All the other players, including Bev, were really good, but I see it as an opportunity to get better at the sport I love. Hopefully, if all goes as planned, it will become a weekly tradition, known as "date night with Bev"!

I'm back in the game!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Way to go! Keep playing volleyball. Never give up on the sports you love.
Bev said…
yay! I have a weekly date night with you! V-ball was so much fun! We'll be pros by the end of next year =)
Sean said…
Good for you Mai!
Anonymous said…
Nice sunglasses. They look familiar....

Popular Posts