CUC
Field trips. As a kid I loved them and wished we had more - but somehow, as a teacher my view of them has changed a little. They're a hassle to plan, they throw of the normal schedule, they take so much time and energy, they're hard to supervise, and they're just plain stressful sometimes. I usually like them after it's finished, but before and during - not so pleasant. Just thinking about it makes me feel like a terrible teacher - I'm supposed to want to have field trips and to love doing it, right? Well, I don't always feel that way. Anyways, that's not the purpose of my post........
Despite my dislike of field trips, I still plan them. Today was one such occasion. After studying about matter and energy in Science class, I took my students on a field trip to CUC - the power company for Saipan. We rode the "Chicky Chicky Bang Bang" bus - it's big, pink, and has a huge chicken on the front - pretty hard to miss.
After arriving, we met in the conference room for a little information.
Then we got to tour the plant, see how things work, and see how loud and hot it is. It was kinda cool - I'd never really seen that stuff before. Some of it was over the students' heads, but I think they had fun and they looked cute in their little hard hats!

Despite my dislike of field trips, I still plan them. Today was one such occasion. After studying about matter and energy in Science class, I took my students on a field trip to CUC - the power company for Saipan. We rode the "Chicky Chicky Bang Bang" bus - it's big, pink, and has a huge chicken on the front - pretty hard to miss.
After arriving, we met in the conference room for a little information.
Then we got to tour the plant, see how things work, and see how loud and hot it is. It was kinda cool - I'd never really seen that stuff before. Some of it was over the students' heads, but I think they had fun and they looked cute in their little hard hats!


Comments
Miss you!