The Excitement of Elections
It's election time and the whole island has been gearing up for the big day. Yesterday as we drove out to Kagman, the road was lined with enthusiastic people who were trying to catch our attention in hopes of securing our vote. The sun was blazing, the air was humid, but they were still out there supporting the cause. I thought to myself, "Wow, they must really believe in the person they are campaigning for." Since I've never had a passionate interest in all that election stuff, I would never even have the faintest desire to join a candidates campaign like all those people were doing yesterday.
But it got me to thinking......... That's how excited and enthusiastic I should be to share Jesus with others. By that, I don't mean that I think I should stand by the side of the road with sign trying to tell people about Jesus as they drive past. Not at all. If that was a requirement to go to heaven, I don't think I'd make it. But I do think that we should have that same passion and desire to share Jesus with the people we meet. Sometimes I feel like a terrible missionary and wonder why I'm even out here because I have such a hard time meeting new people and even when I do, I'm not so great at bringing up the topic about Jesus and sharing him with others. But I think that's where living our lives as a testament to Him comes in. I think if we live our lives in such a way that people can see how excited and passionate we are about Jesus, we won't even have to say anything.


Comments
Love you!
Good thoughts. Keep 'em coming.