Why Do I Do It?
This morning, as I was running along beach path - lungs heaving and legs burning - I thought to myself, why am I doing this???
As my feet continued to rhythmically pound against the path, I remembered why.....
It's the same reason why I eat my veggies and why I get up early to read the Bible. Some days, I don't fee like eating my veggies, because the chocolate and ice cream looks a lot more appealing, but I eat the veggies to stay healthy. Some days, I groan when my alarm goes off in the morning and I wish I could just roll over and sleep some more, but I get up and spend time with God so I stay focused. And that's why I run. It's good for me. And it makes me feel good too.....when I'm finally finished me run and cooling off in the ocean, I'm always glad I did it.
As my feet continued to rhythmically pound against the path, I remembered why.....
It's the same reason why I eat my veggies and why I get up early to read the Bible. Some days, I don't fee like eating my veggies, because the chocolate and ice cream looks a lot more appealing, but I eat the veggies to stay healthy. Some days, I groan when my alarm goes off in the morning and I wish I could just roll over and sleep some more, but I get up and spend time with God so I stay focused. And that's why I run. It's good for me. And it makes me feel good too.....when I'm finally finished me run and cooling off in the ocean, I'm always glad I did it.


Comments