All the Festivities

Although December has been long awaited, it kinda snuck up on me. Before I knew it, it was a good 10 days into the month and I hadn't done anything Christmas-y with my students. The first thing I did to remedy that was to put up our little classroom Christmas tree. The students ooh-ed and ahh-ed the next morning when then entered the classroom. It brought a festive feeling to the classroom!


The first actual Christmas celebration of the season came this past weekend - the staff Christmas party. This consisted of taking presents to the hospital and singing to the sick children there. It was nice to be able to share some joy with them. Then we headed back to the Maycock's house for yummy food! Lots of pasta, olives and desert to be had by all!


The next evening, two of my roommates and I got all dolled up and went back over to the Maycock's house to take pictures in front of the tree. The lighting wasn't ideal, so the pictures turned out a little dark and grainy, but memories were made!


Since I'm leaving island on Friday morning and will miss the usual day for classroom Christmas parties, I announced to my students that we would have our real party on Wednesday, and that they'd get to watch a movie with the substitute teacher on Friday. Although they were sad I wouldn't be there, they rather liked the idea of kinda having 2 parties. So, as today happened to be Wednesday, we had our Christmas party. Earlier in the week, my students made cute little stockings laced with yarn to hang on their desk. This morning, before they arrived, I put cute little "stocking stuffers" and treats in for them. After sharing snacks at lunch, we made green and red popcorn balls. It was a little stressful having that many students with stick hands, but it actually turned out alright! I think I enjoyed it more than the students......and it tasted so yummy! Following the making of the popcorn balls, we read a Christmas story, made Christmas drawings, and then, they got to finally open their stockings........It was like Christmas morning! Lots of fun!

The cute Christmas stockings

My students showcasing their popcorn balls

With the festivities in full swing, time has been flying by! Only one more day until I head for home......but there's lots to do in that last day, including laundry, packing, cleaning, report cards, the school Christmas program, and hopefully one last afternoon at the beach! Stay tuned for pictures and more about the Christmas program - if it all falls into place (as I know it will), it's gonna be pretty cute!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Nice pictures. You should be a model. I bet you'd look great on a mag cover.

I liked your pics of the kids too. Merry Christmas, eh.
Sean said…
Hey those pictures with the tree turned out pretty good!

We'll miss you this Christmas.

Popular Posts