Merry Christmas!
Merry Christmas to all! I trust that you had a wonderful Christmas filled with family and friends. I had a very quiet and low-key Christmas, but it was still very nice.
When you're a kid, it seems like forever to have to wait until 2 o'clock for Christmas dinner. But, when you're on the other end of the serving spoon, 2 o'clock comes much too quickly! This year, my mom wasn't really gonna do much for Christmas dinner since my brothers weren't gonna be here, but I said, "No way. I've come all the way from Saipan - we're having Christmas dinner! In fact, I'll cook Christmas dinner." And that's exactly what I did. I tried to do as much on Monday as I could do so that Christmas morning wasn't too stressful. I had the cranberry jelly chilling in the fridge, the sauces and gravies ready to go and the stuffing half cooked. All I had to do on Christmas morning was make the salad, cook the potatoes and brussel sprouts, and fry the gluten stakes. My father took care of the juice and thankfully, my mother helped bread the gluten. I was aiming to have dinner on the table and ready to serve exactly by 2 o'clock.....but I was a little late and we started about 10 minutes late.
But it turned out lovely..... It was small, just my parents, my grandmother, myself, and 2 elderly gentlemen that my father invited since they had no one else to spend Christmas with. It was pretty quiet because my brothers weren't here, but it was still very nice.



Here's our little Christmas tree....it's really little! We haven't opened presents yet because we're waiting for my brothers and their girls to arrive!
Later that evening, snuggled up on the couch between my parents, we watched "It's a Wonderful Life." I had started watching it last year with the Maycocks, but for some reason I wasn't able to finish it. But this year, we watched it all - I was quite touched by the profound message it drove home. If you haven't seen the movie - or even if you have - I want to leave you with this thought from the movie:
"Strange, isn't it? Each man's life touches so many other lives. When he isn't around he leaves an awful hole, doesn't he?"

Sometimes we don't even realize the impact or influence we have on the people around us, but it's still there. Each of us is important; each of us is needed. Life on this earth is pretty tough sometimes, but it's a pretty wonderful life compared to what it would be with out each one of you. So, in the middle of this Holiday Season, I'd like to thank each one of you for the difference you've made in my life!
God Bless and Happy Holidays!
When you're a kid, it seems like forever to have to wait until 2 o'clock for Christmas dinner. But, when you're on the other end of the serving spoon, 2 o'clock comes much too quickly! This year, my mom wasn't really gonna do much for Christmas dinner since my brothers weren't gonna be here, but I said, "No way. I've come all the way from Saipan - we're having Christmas dinner! In fact, I'll cook Christmas dinner." And that's exactly what I did. I tried to do as much on Monday as I could do so that Christmas morning wasn't too stressful. I had the cranberry jelly chilling in the fridge, the sauces and gravies ready to go and the stuffing half cooked. All I had to do on Christmas morning was make the salad, cook the potatoes and brussel sprouts, and fry the gluten stakes. My father took care of the juice and thankfully, my mother helped bread the gluten. I was aiming to have dinner on the table and ready to serve exactly by 2 o'clock.....but I was a little late and we started about 10 minutes late.
But it turned out lovely..... It was small, just my parents, my grandmother, myself, and 2 elderly gentlemen that my father invited since they had no one else to spend Christmas with. It was pretty quiet because my brothers weren't here, but it was still very nice.



Here's our little Christmas tree....it's really little! We haven't opened presents yet because we're waiting for my brothers and their girls to arrive!

Later that evening, snuggled up on the couch between my parents, we watched "It's a Wonderful Life." I had started watching it last year with the Maycocks, but for some reason I wasn't able to finish it. But this year, we watched it all - I was quite touched by the profound message it drove home. If you haven't seen the movie - or even if you have - I want to leave you with this thought from the movie:
"Strange, isn't it? Each man's life touches so many other lives. When he isn't around he leaves an awful hole, doesn't he?"

Sometimes we don't even realize the impact or influence we have on the people around us, but it's still there. Each of us is important; each of us is needed. Life on this earth is pretty tough sometimes, but it's a pretty wonderful life compared to what it would be with out each one of you. So, in the middle of this Holiday Season, I'd like to thank each one of you for the difference you've made in my life!
God Bless and Happy Holidays!


Comments
Enjoy your time at home.