My Life in the Past 10 Days......
I was hoping that life would slow down a little after the crazy month of October, but I always seem to be blessed with a multitude of things to do. My life has been very busy - I don't even know where November went! And the last 10 days have been so full of activity that I haven't even had a chance to blog, but I wanted to share some of the wonderful moments (and perhaps some of the not-so-wonderful moments) with you. So here's a short recap of the past 10 days.......
- Two Fridays ago, we handed out trophies to all the students on the volleyball team for winning 1st place in the volleyball tournament a few weeks back. The students were very happy to receive the trophies.




- That same Friday, our drama team performed our first vespers program at Grace Christian Academy. There weren't very many people in the audience and it felt a little choppy, but with more practice, we'll be doing just fine. This coming weekend, we have 3 back-to-back church shows throughout the weekend. It'll be pretty busy.






- Sabbath was a whirlwind of activity. Without really planning it, we ended up going to the new SDA church in Kagman. It was a real blessing to be there and worship with the new believers. Later that night, Jessica, Judith, and I had some plans to go down to Garapan for a nice night out, but our plans were kicked to the curb when one of the other vehicles ran out of gas and they needed to use our car. So we canceled our plans, but we did get to go to the school's talent show. It was pretty short, but the kids did a great job of displaying their talents - everything from cartwheels, somersaults, and tae kwon do, to singing and playing the ukulele. It was great.











After the show, we caught a ride home. Since our earlier plans had been rained and the night was still young, we decided to climb through my bedroom window out onto the roof where we sat, ate pop corn, talked and watched the stars. It was oddly relaxing.

- Sunday, we headed back out to Lau Lau Bay to take another try at diving. Our first open water dive (the week before) had ended early due to painful ear trouble. I was really worried that would happen again, but God really answered all our prayers and we were able to make 2 successful dives!
- Sean and Barbara were both needed in Guam for some long, boring meetings, but with both of them gone, somehow, I was left in charge of the school. Yep, I was boss for the week........ but it's not as much fun as it sounds. It was a really tough week, because I had to deal with upper grade boys who were involved in bullying, threatening, bribing, manipulating, name-calling.........the list goes on. It wasn't fun. I'm just glad that there was no school on Friday and now Barbara is back on-island to be the boss!
- Tuesday night, Judith, Jessica, and I finally got to execute our previous Saturday night plans. We headed down to Garapan to the Shin Sen restaurant for sushi. From there we headed over to Yellow Mango for fruit smoothies. Then, with smoothies in hand we strolled down the promenade looking at all the decorated Christmas trees. Several schools across the island participated in a recycled Christmas tree decorating contest - they had to used only recycled products to make decorations for the tree. There were some pretty cool trees.




- Wednesday afternoon, we headed down to the Garapan fishing base where people were beginning to gather for the 5K Jingle Bell Fun Run. We got little bells to pin on while we ran, and glow sticks for when it got dark. We set a pretty brisk pace and finished the race - not first - but in 25 minutes! I felt good about that. But then I realized that my key was no longer in my pocket!! After searching along the path for awhile in the dark, we prayed. And then, to my amazement, I found the key! It had fell out of the little pocket inside my running shorts, but, luckily, the inside liner had caught the key and kept it from falling out completely! That was God! After the run, we were hungry, and Crystal was nice enough to invite us over for Tacos!
- Thursday night, we were again fortunate to have an invitation from Crystal, but this time it was to make scrap booking/photo books. It was a lot of fun and it got the creative juices flowing. So the next day, juices still flowing, we headed up to Expressions, a scrap booking & candy store. We spent hours making cards and other cool things for Christmas. After we left (with lots of cool scrapbooking stuff and yummy candy!), we continued making stuff at home....all over the living room floor. It was a lot of fun!
- Sunday dawned bright and clear - it was our last day of diving....if all went as planned. And it did! It was a great final dive and now I'm officially certified as an open water SCUBA diver!

- Life continues to be busy..........I'm currently in the middle of an impromptu Sunday-night staff meeting. Life is crazy, but God is good, therefore life is good!
- Two Fridays ago, we handed out trophies to all the students on the volleyball team for winning 1st place in the volleyball tournament a few weeks back. The students were very happy to receive the trophies.




- That same Friday, our drama team performed our first vespers program at Grace Christian Academy. There weren't very many people in the audience and it felt a little choppy, but with more practice, we'll be doing just fine. This coming weekend, we have 3 back-to-back church shows throughout the weekend. It'll be pretty busy.






- Sabbath was a whirlwind of activity. Without really planning it, we ended up going to the new SDA church in Kagman. It was a real blessing to be there and worship with the new believers. Later that night, Jessica, Judith, and I had some plans to go down to Garapan for a nice night out, but our plans were kicked to the curb when one of the other vehicles ran out of gas and they needed to use our car. So we canceled our plans, but we did get to go to the school's talent show. It was pretty short, but the kids did a great job of displaying their talents - everything from cartwheels, somersaults, and tae kwon do, to singing and playing the ukulele. It was great.











After the show, we caught a ride home. Since our earlier plans had been rained and the night was still young, we decided to climb through my bedroom window out onto the roof where we sat, ate pop corn, talked and watched the stars. It was oddly relaxing.

- Sunday, we headed back out to Lau Lau Bay to take another try at diving. Our first open water dive (the week before) had ended early due to painful ear trouble. I was really worried that would happen again, but God really answered all our prayers and we were able to make 2 successful dives!
- Sean and Barbara were both needed in Guam for some long, boring meetings, but with both of them gone, somehow, I was left in charge of the school. Yep, I was boss for the week........ but it's not as much fun as it sounds. It was a really tough week, because I had to deal with upper grade boys who were involved in bullying, threatening, bribing, manipulating, name-calling.........the list goes on. It wasn't fun. I'm just glad that there was no school on Friday and now Barbara is back on-island to be the boss!
- Tuesday night, Judith, Jessica, and I finally got to execute our previous Saturday night plans. We headed down to Garapan to the Shin Sen restaurant for sushi. From there we headed over to Yellow Mango for fruit smoothies. Then, with smoothies in hand we strolled down the promenade looking at all the decorated Christmas trees. Several schools across the island participated in a recycled Christmas tree decorating contest - they had to used only recycled products to make decorations for the tree. There were some pretty cool trees.




- Wednesday afternoon, we headed down to the Garapan fishing base where people were beginning to gather for the 5K Jingle Bell Fun Run. We got little bells to pin on while we ran, and glow sticks for when it got dark. We set a pretty brisk pace and finished the race - not first - but in 25 minutes! I felt good about that. But then I realized that my key was no longer in my pocket!! After searching along the path for awhile in the dark, we prayed. And then, to my amazement, I found the key! It had fell out of the little pocket inside my running shorts, but, luckily, the inside liner had caught the key and kept it from falling out completely! That was God! After the run, we were hungry, and Crystal was nice enough to invite us over for Tacos!
- Thursday night, we were again fortunate to have an invitation from Crystal, but this time it was to make scrap booking/photo books. It was a lot of fun and it got the creative juices flowing. So the next day, juices still flowing, we headed up to Expressions, a scrap booking & candy store. We spent hours making cards and other cool things for Christmas. After we left (with lots of cool scrapbooking stuff and yummy candy!), we continued making stuff at home....all over the living room floor. It was a lot of fun!
Working at Crystal's house
- Sabbath was a wonderful blessing, as it always is. After church, the Pierson's had us over for a fabulous Sabbath dinner! It was actually a real Sabbath dinner! It was so good! But we had to rush away after eating, to go pick up the Maycocks from the airport. It was good to have them back and we chatted with them for a while. Then it was back to the creative card-making and scrapbooking.....which we did late into the night! It's addictive!- Sunday dawned bright and clear - it was our last day of diving....if all went as planned. And it did! It was a great final dive and now I'm officially certified as an open water SCUBA diver!

- Life continues to be busy..........I'm currently in the middle of an impromptu Sunday-night staff meeting. Life is crazy, but God is good, therefore life is good!







Comments
Looks like a super FUN time for you Mai. Keep lookin' up!