Happy New Years!
Welcome to 2008!
I wish you health, so you may enjoy each day in comfort.
I wish you the beauty of nature, so that you may enjoy the work of God.
I wish you wisdom to choose the things that really matter in life.
I wish you the love of family and friends, so your heart will be filled and overflowing.
I wish you generosity, so that you may share all of this and all other good things that come to you.
I wish you happiness....and joy....and blessings for the New Year!
I don't usually make new years resolutions because those are the things that seem to be dropped the quickest, but I do think goals are important. If you have a goal, something tangible to work towards, you're more likely to achieve it. Last year, I set the goal of starting and maintaining a regular exercise and work-out schedule. And, with the exception of a few months during the summer, I was able to achieve that goal and regular exercise has become a part of my daily life. It was a goal that became a habit and then turned into a lifestyle.
As I was contemplating the new year that stretches out ahead of me, I knew I didn't want to make any flimsy resolutions, but after a long talk with God, I came up with some goals that I hope will become ingrained into my daily life over the next year.
My goals are pretty simple and easy to remember: Trust. Pray. Read. Shine. Let me explain in a little more detail.
Trust. I always seem to have a hard time trusting God. I somehow think that if I do things my way it'll turn out the way I want it to, but time and again, things go horribly wrong when I take matters into my own hands. So I want to learn to trust God 100% and to let Him be in control of my life.
Pray. Prayer is one of the most powerful tools we have available to us......but how often do we take advantage of that? I know I don't spend as much time in prayer as I should. But I want that to change. I want my life to become a constant prayer. I know prayer can do amazing things and I want that power to be active in my life.
Read. Another aspect that is often overlooked and neglected, at least in my life, is the Word of God and the Spirit of Prophecy. I spend time in the morning doing my devotions, but I never seem to be able to spend as much time as I'd like. I want to spend more time each day reading and immersing myself in God's Word.
Shine. After learning to trust God, spending time in His Word, and making prayer real in my life, I don't want to keep those blessings to myself - I want my life to shine His light and love to those around me. Sometimes I'm kinda shy and have a hard time sharing God with people, but I want step out of my comfort zone a little and shine for Him.
So there you have it....my goals for the year: Trust. Pray. Read. Shine.
I wish you many blessings in 2008!
I wish you health, so you may enjoy each day in comfort.
I wish you the beauty of nature, so that you may enjoy the work of God.
I wish you wisdom to choose the things that really matter in life.
I wish you the love of family and friends, so your heart will be filled and overflowing.
I wish you generosity, so that you may share all of this and all other good things that come to you.
I wish you happiness....and joy....and blessings for the New Year!
I don't usually make new years resolutions because those are the things that seem to be dropped the quickest, but I do think goals are important. If you have a goal, something tangible to work towards, you're more likely to achieve it. Last year, I set the goal of starting and maintaining a regular exercise and work-out schedule. And, with the exception of a few months during the summer, I was able to achieve that goal and regular exercise has become a part of my daily life. It was a goal that became a habit and then turned into a lifestyle.
As I was contemplating the new year that stretches out ahead of me, I knew I didn't want to make any flimsy resolutions, but after a long talk with God, I came up with some goals that I hope will become ingrained into my daily life over the next year.
My goals are pretty simple and easy to remember: Trust. Pray. Read. Shine. Let me explain in a little more detail.
Trust. I always seem to have a hard time trusting God. I somehow think that if I do things my way it'll turn out the way I want it to, but time and again, things go horribly wrong when I take matters into my own hands. So I want to learn to trust God 100% and to let Him be in control of my life.
Pray. Prayer is one of the most powerful tools we have available to us......but how often do we take advantage of that? I know I don't spend as much time in prayer as I should. But I want that to change. I want my life to become a constant prayer. I know prayer can do amazing things and I want that power to be active in my life.
Read. Another aspect that is often overlooked and neglected, at least in my life, is the Word of God and the Spirit of Prophecy. I spend time in the morning doing my devotions, but I never seem to be able to spend as much time as I'd like. I want to spend more time each day reading and immersing myself in God's Word.
Shine. After learning to trust God, spending time in His Word, and making prayer real in my life, I don't want to keep those blessings to myself - I want my life to shine His light and love to those around me. Sometimes I'm kinda shy and have a hard time sharing God with people, but I want step out of my comfort zone a little and shine for Him.
So there you have it....my goals for the year: Trust. Pray. Read. Shine.
I wish you many blessings in 2008!


Comments
hope you got home safely. looking forward to chatting to you when you get back.
love sj