The Risk of Love

To love is to take a great risk, but "risks must be taken, because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing" (Leo R. Buscaglia).

He's tall (for his kind), dark, and handsome. I didn't even have a chance, he stole my heart before I even knew what love was all about. He's not even really that nice - he's possessive, territorial, controlling, egotistical, and demanding - he's a typical cat. But he's my cat, and I love him........

Sometimes it hurts to love. Yesterday, we're not exactly sure what happened, but when my cat came back into the house after his usual morning jaunt, he was limping. He quickly limped off into my brother's room and hid far under the bed. When I finally found him, he barely moved, he just cried a little. He's in so much pain that he hisses at us when we try to touch him. It hurts to see him in so much pain.



Imagine what God must feel like as he watches us limp around on this earth. We're constantly getting ourselves into trouble and hurting ourselves. And when God reaches out to us, to try and help us, we just hiss at Him, rejecting His efforts. God took a huge risk when He chose to create the human race, but He loved us so much before we were even created that He knew the risk would be worth it. I'm glad God took the risk!

Comments

Sean said…
Oh, poor thing. . .I hope he's okay.
Anonymous said…
Me too.

Popular Posts