One of Those Days...

Today was just one of those days. You know, the ones where you collapse at the end of the day, exhausted, yet restless. Well, today was like that. I found myself tired before it even really began. Great portions of time seemed to be squandered due to the lack of the ability to focus on anything truly productive for any length of time. I like to call these days, "Full Nalgene" days, because my water bottle barely gets touched all day, whereas most days I go through 2 of them before I dismiss my students at the end of the day.
Today was definitely a "Full Nalgene" day. The first indicator of this was when I was working on lesson plans. After writing down all the math assignments for next week in my planner, I thought to myself (as I reached for my mouse), "I should save this lesson before the computer crashes...."

Everything that could possibly go wrong always seems to wait for a "Full Nalgene." One student got sick and vomited all over herself - I sent her home early. Two of my boys got detention. I had the privilege of hosting the temporary ESL class. And it was my day to do after school supervision - the most agonizing hour of my week!

After all that, it would only seem appropriate to end this "Full Nalgene" day by accidentally brushing my teeth with the wrong tooth brush - the toothbrush that is only supposed to be used to when cleaning hard to reach spots in the bathroom.....yuck! (Don't worry, I re-brushed with the right toothbrush!)

What can I say....It was one of those days! But even on these "Full Nalgene" days, I feel so blessed and have so much to be thankful for. I'm alive, serving God, and able to laugh at myself when I do silly things!

"In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." 1 Thes. 5:18

Comments

Anonymous said…
lol... that's disgusting! but i love you neway ;P
hope that your day is an empty nalgene day today!
miss you
mwah
sj
Ev said…
I enjoy reading your posts. You are in such a beautiful place and doing such neat and wonderful things for enjoyment and in your teaching of the children. I always access Crystal and Ken's blog off yours and wrote them a long comment yesterday. Mainly because I noticed they went to Kenya. I asked them a bunch of questions and they are probably wondering who I AM!! I told them to ask you! My sister's husband is actually related to them and I have met Ken a few years ago. Ken, (the Steinke one here!!)went to CUC with Ken Pierson's mom so it is indeed a small world. I also told them in my comment that Ken and Gloria were classmates. My sister's daughter and husband will be visiting Ken and Crystal near the end of March so you just might meet them - Kim and Yan are from Comox. Anyway, what are you planning to do when you leave paradise!! Have fun for the remainder of your time in beautiful SAipan. Take Care. P.S. give them our e-mail address so they can reply to my questions.
k.e.steinke@shaw.ca Forgot to tell you that Jeff volunteered at Maxwell Academy near Nairobi, Kenya when he was in Africa (thru my sister I know Ken and his bro. went to school there). Anyway, Jeff and we have wondered how the people and school have faired thru all the uprisings and problems in Kenya. Thanks Mai-Rhea
Tiffany said…
Mai, I was reading this to Ronald and he said....."oh that is brutal!"...about your toothbrush. I'm sorry, that's gross, but funny too. I'm glad you can laugh about it now :)

Popular Posts