Always Time to Party
It's been an extremely busy week! This weekend we are having our dinner show for REAL Christian Theater to fund raise for our tour to Palau in May. It's gonna be good but it takes a lot of work, including practicing every night of the week. Between school and practice, I was basically only home to sleep.
But, amidst all the hectic-ness, somehow, I've also found some time to party! The first big bash started at 9 A.M. Tuesday morning - my students were rewarded with a Beach Party for raising the most money during our school's annual Walk-A-Thon. It was the perfect day for it - bright, sunny and clear. The water was just cool enough to feel like a relief from the blazing sun. There was fun to be had in the water, on the beach, and under the palm tree as we paused briefly for a lunch of pizza and brownies. It was great to toss aside my usual garb - the school's uniform - and don a swim suit, sun glasses, and flip flops. It was nice to laugh, joke and play with my kids outside of the regular classroom setting. I played Frisbee with one of my students on the beach. I splashed through waves with my girls. One student dug a big hole in the sand, covered it with a towel and then asked me walk across it. I knew what he was up to, but I figured I'd humor him, so I put on a big dramatic display, pretending to be caught totally by surprise when I fell in his trap. Then he jumped in it and I covered him all up, except his head and arms. He got a kick out of the fact that I could walk right on top of him and he couldn't even feel it. It was a great day, adding more to my memory bank of great times in Saipan.





The next occasion for a party occurred on Wednesday evening. It was Judith's birthday - she turned 20! So we got all dressed up and went out to eat at Saipan's new revolving restaurant, 360. It was really cool! It took an hour to go around one time completely and we got to see Saipan from every angle - although it was dark and kinda hard to see. It was a fun evening filled with good food and great company.
Happy Birthday, Judy-pie! I'm so glad you're out here and that we got to share this special birthday with you. I wish you the best in the year to come and I hope never lose your passion and love for life!




But, amidst all the hectic-ness, somehow, I've also found some time to party! The first big bash started at 9 A.M. Tuesday morning - my students were rewarded with a Beach Party for raising the most money during our school's annual Walk-A-Thon. It was the perfect day for it - bright, sunny and clear. The water was just cool enough to feel like a relief from the blazing sun. There was fun to be had in the water, on the beach, and under the palm tree as we paused briefly for a lunch of pizza and brownies. It was great to toss aside my usual garb - the school's uniform - and don a swim suit, sun glasses, and flip flops. It was nice to laugh, joke and play with my kids outside of the regular classroom setting. I played Frisbee with one of my students on the beach. I splashed through waves with my girls. One student dug a big hole in the sand, covered it with a towel and then asked me walk across it. I knew what he was up to, but I figured I'd humor him, so I put on a big dramatic display, pretending to be caught totally by surprise when I fell in his trap. Then he jumped in it and I covered him all up, except his head and arms. He got a kick out of the fact that I could walk right on top of him and he couldn't even feel it. It was a great day, adding more to my memory bank of great times in Saipan.





The next occasion for a party occurred on Wednesday evening. It was Judith's birthday - she turned 20! So we got all dressed up and went out to eat at Saipan's new revolving restaurant, 360. It was really cool! It took an hour to go around one time completely and we got to see Saipan from every angle - although it was dark and kinda hard to see. It was a fun evening filled with good food and great company.
Happy Birthday, Judy-pie! I'm so glad you're out here and that we got to share this special birthday with you. I wish you the best in the year to come and I hope never lose your passion and love for life!






Comments