Australian Adventures - Friday, March 21

I am still having a hard time believing I'm actually in Australia; it's like I'm waiting to see a sign that says, "Welcome! You are actually in Australia!" But I haven't seen it yet. Perhaps it hasn't sunk in yet because it sorta feels like North America mixed with a bit of European qualities. Whatever the case, I keep telling myself I'm actually in here and I'm pretty excited about that!

The highlight of day was seeing so many animals! We spent a good portion of our day at Cairns Tropical Zoo (the rest of the day was spent trying to find food - since it's Good Friday, everything is closed....except the zoo!) It was awesome and there was so much to see! I got to hold a baby croc, and a koala named Carla. We learned lots about red pandas, snakes, crocodiles, and the birds of Australia. We watched the zoo people shove 2 whole chickens down a huge snake's throat. We got to see dingos, lemurs, wombats, wallabys, monkeys, lizards, owls, and many exotic birds. But I spent the most time with the kangaroos. We got to feed them right out of our hands, pet them and take pictures with them! I even got to see a joey riding happily in his mama's pouch. How amazing! It was such an incredible day......just another reminder of how much God loves us that he would give us so many beautiful things to enjoy!

Pretty birds
Lemurs
A mama kangaroo with her joey
Joey up close
Red panda
Force-feeding a huge snake
Wombat
Me and a baby croc - poor thing, his little mouth was taped shut!
Me & Carla the koala
Another beautiful parrot
Wollaby
Big crocodile cooling himself off
Feeding the kangaroos
Cute little monkey

Back at our hotel, Tom (the youth leader for them SDA church) and his son Grayson stopped by and brought us tons of ripe, local mangoes and oranges! They were so yummy! The mangoes were so ripe that I just cut it open and ate it out of the skin with a spoon! We were so thankful for fresh fruit - that's just one of the many blessings of being SDA!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love the animal pics. That's the coolest thing about Down Under.

Popular Posts