Mini Cookie Adventure

In the words of one of my third-grade boys, today we had a "mini cookie adventure". For the past few weeks we've been studying color during art class: primary colors, secondary colors, complimentary colors, warm colors, cool colors, hues, shades, tints.......etc. And today, to wrap up the unit and as a final project (and of course, just for some good, yummy, sticky fun!), my students had to create color wheel's using food coloring, icing, and cookies. It was so much fun! I loved watching them work together in their groups, seeing them learn through the hands-on activity, and even looking the other way a couple times when they needed to lick their fingers. It was such a great lesson and it turned out wonderful! It's my goal to one day have the majority of my lessons like this one!



Comments

Bev said…
Very cool project! I always loved creating different shades with paint. Creating shades with food coloring seems like so much more fun cause you get to eat the creation afterwards! ehhe
Sean said…
Very pretty!
Anonymous said…
you're an amazing teacher my dear el besto! i can only hope my little ones might have someone like you one day :P
mwah
make me some cooookkkkiiiesss !!!!
Anonymous said…
super creative! and super yummy! boy I wish I could be in your classroom.

Popular Posts