All in a Sabbath's Blessings

It was a wonderful Sabbath...... The sermon was short, but powerful! We had a wonderful home-cooked meal (by Amy) in honor of Bev, who will be leaving in a few weeks. :( Everything was delicious - stroganoff with mushrooms and gluten, bean salad, and fresh rolls. The table stretched from wall-to-wall in at the Pierson's house. It was a lot of fun!

The cooks in the kitchen

Hanging out while waiting for food.....and while John shares more of his lore.

Me and my "Judy-bug"!

The Piersons with their cute neighbor kids......such adorable children!

From there, we piled into the back of the truck and headed down to see the Old Man by the sea. He's a crusty old man that guards the bay, day after day. It's been a long tradition for young, single girls to stop and give the old man a quick peck on the lips.

Puckerin' up!

The tide was really low, exposing much of the usually covered coral and sea weed, but this allowed us to walk out to a ledge where the waves were crashing gracefully. It was amazing to hear their power as the waves thundered near us.

Hanging out on the ledge

When we returned from the ledge, we decided to go fishing - catch and release, of course. But our method wasn't the traditional was of fishing.......we used our hands. The most common catch was a tiny, blue polka-dotted puffer fish. Since the tide was low, it was pretty easy - all you gotta do is chase them into a really shallow area and then put your hand on top of them. I felt kinda bad for torturing the poor little guys and they were always so squishy when I tried to pick them up, I was scared of killing them......so all of this was done with much shrieking (as you can hear in the video), but after catching about 4 or 5, I was able to do it without any shrieks!

That's my "Hurry-Up-And-Take-The-Picture-Before-I-Kill-The-Fish" look!




More pictures of the great afternoon.....


Crystal, beach combing......or, reef combing

The dentists with the kids
See the fish hiding in the rock.....don't worry, there was enough water in the hole to sustain him for awhile.
A live shell with the operculum still intact!
Andrea with her "back-pack" after the hike back up through the jungle.

Comments

Gloria Pierson said…
What a splendid time you are all having together! Mission togetherness - what fun! Enjoy going to your blog occasionally to catch up and get a different perspective of Saipan and the "activities"! God bless!
It was a lot of fun! Fishing and all!
Secret Gardener said…
I truly enjoyed the day to its fullest capacity and I didn't even try. I love when that happens. :)
Beth said…
Gotta be pretty despert to kiss that "crusty old man"!!! I can just picture bing in the Piersons house, the kitchen picture, where we washed a lot of dishes, and the dining room, where Brian put most of his food on the floor for the ants, and oh yes, the lady with the backpack, I cna picture that jungle trail and the up hill struggle she had bing loaded down!! MOM
Anonymous said…
Your pictures made me smile. I loved watching the video. Great job. I got to get a whiff of the salty air and hear Mai laugh. Double bonus!

Popular Posts