Australian Adventures - Thursday, March 27
Today, despite the fact that I'm usually a vegetarian, I decided to try some Aboriginal bush tacky (food) - a green "bummed" Australian ant. You gotta grab it so only it's green bottom is sticking out and then you bite that part off....it tastes like lime! They use it quench their thirst if they're out in the jungle with no water - it gets the salivary glands flowing to wet a dry mouth. I know it's kinda gross (believe me, I couldn't help shuttering), but when in Australia, you gotta do as the Australians.....at least once!

The true highlight of the day was not eating a green-bummed ant, but rather going 4-wheeling with the kids. I'd never driven one before and found myself a bit bored at first.....until the boys in front of me figured out that 3rd gear goes faster than 2nd! From then on we were all racing up hills and flying around corners. My favorite part was going full speed through giant mud puddles. I came out muddy, soaked, and smiling!

Later that evening, (much later!) we caught our plane back to Saipan. It was a wonderful and very memorable Spring Break!
There he is! You can clearly see his juicy green bum!

The true highlight of the day was not eating a green-bummed ant, but rather going 4-wheeling with the kids. I'd never driven one before and found myself a bit bored at first.....until the boys in front of me figured out that 3rd gear goes faster than 2nd! From then on we were all racing up hills and flying around corners. My favorite part was going full speed through giant mud puddles. I came out muddy, soaked, and smiling!
The kids getting all geared up

Later that evening, (much later!) we caught our plane back to Saipan. It was a wonderful and very memorable Spring Break!








Comments
Ev Steinke