Pictures of the Week

It was a whirlwind of a week, packed full of so many different things.......it's too much to write about it all, but I still want to share it, so here are some pictures that give a glimpse of the week. (There'll be a lot of pictures in the next few weeks, because life is about to get very, very busy!)

One of my precious Japanese students had her birthday this week! We celebrated with pizza and donuts! Isn't she just adorable?


Group shot - my students and I during the birthday party (2 students were missing due to a stomach flu that's been going around).

This darling second grader always finds me after school and hugs me. This week, she made me a really special "I Love You" card! It totally made my day!
Tuesday was this little guy's birthday - he turned 4!! He's one of the children of the new dentist's family at the SDA Clinic.
After the mini-birthday party, all the girls stayed around to make cards at Crystal's house. We always make a huge mess and have so much fun!
Throughout the week, I took individual pictures with my students for a special year-end project that I'm working on for them. I love my kids! Here are a couple of them.....

Each month of the year, our class has been focusing on one of the fruits of the Spirit. April is "Gentle Grapes". I talked about how gentle Jesus was with everyone, especially children, and that Jesus is our example. I also talked about John 15:1-8 that talks about Jesus is the Vine and we are the branches. To go along with it, we made these really cool grapes that we will string up across our classroom to look like they are on a vine. I made up the project on the fly.....and they turned out so much better than I even imagined! It's just cotton balls and spray paint!!

Comments

Sean said…
Great photos, Mai. Love them grapes!

I guess I'll have some of your students next year for some of my classes. I'll be sure to take good care of them for you!

These next weeks are going to be very busy but I've just now decided that they are going to be totally FUN! We are going to slow down like you said in your previous post and savor and each everyone of them. Every run, every rehearsal, every performance, every gathering of friends who are dear, we are going to soak up fully! Are ya with me?

:)
Gloria Pierson said…
You do so many neat projects with your students. I always like to check you blog to get a different perspective of what is happening at the school/mission in Saipan! You all seem to have such a good time and work together so well. Reminds me of our mission days so many years ago. God bless you!

Popular Posts