True Sabbath
On Friday, I talked to my best friend, Sarah Jane, during our usual weekly phone date. Even before I unloaded the burdens from my week, she sensed that something was wrong. It had been a tough week with trial upon trial - lengthy power outages, extra responsibilities at school, late nights, and a flooded bathroom. The week left me feeling haggard, worn, and stretched out in every direction. It felt good to share my hardships with her, but I still felt the deep need for real rest and restoration.
As Sabbath arrived, slightly overcast, we realized it was a rare and special Sabbath - none of us had responsibilities at church. So we took advantage of the opportunity, and rather than worshiping with fellow believers at church we decided to worship in the beauty of nature. The sun was warm and the breeze was refreshing. We settled into a little, secluded cove on a beach that I hadn't been to in over 13 years! PauPau Beach. We used to go there a lot when I was here before, and it held a vivid place in my memory, but for some reason, I hadn't been back to that beach in the 2 years that I've lived here.....such a shame! But finally, on this special Sabbath, I visited it again.
We took a simple picnic lunch of fruit salad, nuts, and pop corn. Spreading out towels and sheets, we made ourselves at home. I closed my eyes as the gentle sun began to warm my skin and I felt my troubles of the week slowly slipping away. I read my Bible, I spent time in prayer and meditation, and I simply sat there motionless, just allowing the world to continue on without me for a while. To my surprise, the precious Sabbath hours didn't fly by as they usually do.....each moment seemed to linger, not in a hurry to end. Not only did my summer dress blend in with the color of the sky and water, but I felt my soul connecting with God Himself through His nature. He was in me, around me, everywhere. It was simply beautiful.
It's good to go to church each week, fellowship with others, minister to those around, and be spiritually fed for the week to come. But sometimes it's necessary to get away from all of that to seek God in the purest form possible. That's what I did this week and I was granted a true Sabbath blessing. :)
As Sabbath arrived, slightly overcast, we realized it was a rare and special Sabbath - none of us had responsibilities at church. So we took advantage of the opportunity, and rather than worshiping with fellow believers at church we decided to worship in the beauty of nature. The sun was warm and the breeze was refreshing. We settled into a little, secluded cove on a beach that I hadn't been to in over 13 years! PauPau Beach. We used to go there a lot when I was here before, and it held a vivid place in my memory, but for some reason, I hadn't been back to that beach in the 2 years that I've lived here.....such a shame! But finally, on this special Sabbath, I visited it again.
We took a simple picnic lunch of fruit salad, nuts, and pop corn. Spreading out towels and sheets, we made ourselves at home. I closed my eyes as the gentle sun began to warm my skin and I felt my troubles of the week slowly slipping away. I read my Bible, I spent time in prayer and meditation, and I simply sat there motionless, just allowing the world to continue on without me for a while. To my surprise, the precious Sabbath hours didn't fly by as they usually do.....each moment seemed to linger, not in a hurry to end. Not only did my summer dress blend in with the color of the sky and water, but I felt my soul connecting with God Himself through His nature. He was in me, around me, everywhere. It was simply beautiful.
It's good to go to church each week, fellowship with others, minister to those around, and be spiritually fed for the week to come. But sometimes it's necessary to get away from all of that to seek God in the purest form possible. That's what I did this week and I was granted a true Sabbath blessing. :)
Bev, Jessica, and Judith setting up our picnic area
A beautiful wild cat roaming the jungle
Moon snail eggs.....
Enjoying nature...
Two of my beautiful roommates....


A beautiful wild cat roaming the jungle
Moon snail eggs.....
Enjoying nature...
Two of my beautiful roommates....




Comments
Let's do it again!
Miss you girl,
I wondered where you could've been when I tried calling :) No worries tho, I will try again...I miss you!!!!! We need to catch up :)
keep your head up. You're beautiful!
Great profile photo btw, is it a painting or a photo or both?
wish i could be there too... reminds me of some wonderful sabbath outings with great friends ;)
love ur el besto