Bye, Bye Bev
Arriving about a month after I did at the beginning of my first year here in Saipan, Bev quickly became one of the team. We were a energetic and active group, playfully referred to as the "Dream Team" or the "Rock Stars." We embarked on numerous adventures together and by the end of that first year, we were all pretty close. Although I was the only one of the teachers returning for another year, I was happy that Bev had decided to stick around for a second year, as well.
This year, we continued to deepen our friendship as we spent more and more time together - we played on a volleyball team together, worked together with the drama team, we dove together on weekends, we read and discussed books and studied the Bible together.......so many things, so many memories. Even though I am not staying for another year, when she told me that she was leaving, my heart was sad for Saipan's great loss.
She's been such an amazing friend during my time here in Saipan. She was a reliable friend, always there, willing to talk, or just listen. Our drama team named her our "Google Girl" because if you need anything, anything at all, just ask Bev and she will find some way to get it or do it.
So, yesterday morning as we all gathered at the airport to see her off, I hugged her tight for the last time. I wanted to say so many things, to tell her how much her friendship has meant to me, to thank her for being such an inspiring and uplifting person, but instead, tears sprung to my eyes and the emotions rose in my throat, quickly choking out any thoughts or words I wished to express. It was hard to see my last fellow rock star leave. As I watched her take the long walk up the ramp and out of sight, I bowed my head, as my shoulders shook with sobs, and said a little prayer for her.
Bev, you will be greatly missed by all, but I know that we'll be seeing each other again soon. California, Florida, and one day....heaven! You hold a special place in my heart and I will always think of you when I remember my time in Saipan. I wish you peace and love in all that you do!
Here's some photos of the good times......
Date night!
Out on some of our numerous adventures
The "veterans" at the beginning of the second year
Starting the year off right with good Mediterranean food!
Running up Mt. Tapochau in the early morning darkness on Thanksgiving morning
Our last meal together before Christmas break
Enjoying our last moments together during our recent trip to Palau...
A tribute to Bev at the Farewell/Year-end party with our drama team
Before our last Bible study, we welcomed the Sabbath with traditional Jewish food, singing and blessings.
We spent our last Sabbath afternoon together taking pictures and trying to remember these moments forever.
This year, we continued to deepen our friendship as we spent more and more time together - we played on a volleyball team together, worked together with the drama team, we dove together on weekends, we read and discussed books and studied the Bible together.......so many things, so many memories. Even though I am not staying for another year, when she told me that she was leaving, my heart was sad for Saipan's great loss.
She's been such an amazing friend during my time here in Saipan. She was a reliable friend, always there, willing to talk, or just listen. Our drama team named her our "Google Girl" because if you need anything, anything at all, just ask Bev and she will find some way to get it or do it.
So, yesterday morning as we all gathered at the airport to see her off, I hugged her tight for the last time. I wanted to say so many things, to tell her how much her friendship has meant to me, to thank her for being such an inspiring and uplifting person, but instead, tears sprung to my eyes and the emotions rose in my throat, quickly choking out any thoughts or words I wished to express. It was hard to see my last fellow rock star leave. As I watched her take the long walk up the ramp and out of sight, I bowed my head, as my shoulders shook with sobs, and said a little prayer for her.
Bev, you will be greatly missed by all, but I know that we'll be seeing each other again soon. California, Florida, and one day....heaven! You hold a special place in my heart and I will always think of you when I remember my time in Saipan. I wish you peace and love in all that you do!
Here's some photos of the good times......
One of my first pictures with Bev - playing a sport we both love: volleyball!
The Dream Team
Starting the year off right with good Mediterranean food!
Running up Mt. Tapochau in the early morning darkness on Thanksgiving morning
Our last meal together before Christmas break
Enjoying our last moments together during our recent trip to Palau...
A tribute to Bev at the Farewell/Year-end party with our drama team
Before our last Bible study, we welcomed the Sabbath with traditional Jewish food, singing and blessings.
We spent our last Sabbath afternoon together taking pictures and trying to remember these moments forever.




Comments
sj