Earl's On Top
Most people go to Earl's On Top to meet a friend for lunch or for a nice date with a spectacular view of the lake. But this morning, early, my dad and I went down to Earl's On Top to clean it's chimney. Although my dad cleans hundreds of chimneys each year by himself, Earl's is one that he needs a little help with. Since I happened to be here, I was the one who got roped into it this time.
After taping off the inside access, we took a ladder up to the patio and climbed up to the roof. Once on the roof, we had to pull the ladder up because my dad needed it to access the actual chimney. That's where it gets a little precarious and where I come into the picture. There isn't a lot of level ground surrounding the chimney, so my job was to hold the ladder steady so he wouldn't fall off. From there, he has to unscrew the top part of the chimney and wiggle it loose so he can bring it down and clean it.
There was soot flying everywhere, but I managed to get a few pictures...


After taping off the inside access, we took a ladder up to the patio and climbed up to the roof. Once on the roof, we had to pull the ladder up because my dad needed it to access the actual chimney. That's where it gets a little precarious and where I come into the picture. There isn't a lot of level ground surrounding the chimney, so my job was to hold the ladder steady so he wouldn't fall off. From there, he has to unscrew the top part of the chimney and wiggle it loose so he can bring it down and clean it.
There was soot flying everywhere, but I managed to get a few pictures...
Me!






Comments
sounds like you are working hard this summer.
Great talking to you my darling! Miss you everyday!