Good Times

Wow! LIFE is keeping me busy! But it's not all classes and homework, although even that is great because we get assignments like "spend extra time studying your Bible", "memorize scripture", or "go on a prayer walk and talk with God"! What amazing assignments!

However, when the homework is finished and the afternoon cools of into evening, there always seems to be something fun going on. Often, we bust out the volleyball and get a game going. I'm also getting better at soccer since the South American boys are practically professionals! I've learned how to kick the ball in mid air, off a bounce and head the ball. And in the process, I'm learning a lot of Spanish - I love it!

We've also had several occasions to celebrate in the past week - 2 birthdays and Chile's Independence Day (Fiestas Patrias). It's been a lot of fun! Here are some pictures of the fun we've been having and some random shots so you can meet my new friends.

Laurie's birthday party, she's the wife of one of the directors.

Celebrating South American style!
This is the tail-end of a Spanish birthday song they sung to Laurie


This is Carolina from Chile

This is Alexis from Argentina

This is Ivanna from Paraguay

A bunch of us. My roommate Suelen, who finally arrived from Brazil a week ago, is to the right of me in blue.

Suelen, Erik, & Laura

A friendly game of Twister with Matt crushing the children!

The Chilean's celebrated their Independence Day on Sept 18. (L-R: Carol, Jacob, Virginia, Carolina, Martin, Nicolas. Freddy in back & Nikki in front.)

Virginia displaying her Chilean pride!

Andrew turns 29!

He's a super healthy guy, so I made him a tropical fruit basket to counteract all the cake!

Lamache, Virginia, & Erik

Meet Paulinho from Brazil! He's a lot of fun!

Comments

Bev said…
Hey Mai. Miss you! You're hair is getting so long! Glad you're having a good time and meeting so many people!
Sean said…
The next Big Adventure in full swing!

I'm glad!
Anonymous said…
It's good to see your new friends. I'm glad you're having a ball.
Brit's Blog said…
looks like mucho fun! I wish I could meet them in person :)

have fun Mai! miss ya!
Anonymous said…
Hey Bev,

Neat to see what you are into. I just redicovered your blogs!

Dr. George

P.S. You & Brittany really added to my Saipan adventure when I came over to see Grant!

Popular Posts