The Truth About Salvation

During one of our classes last week, we got on the topic of Salvation. Pretty straight forward, right? We are saved by grace through faith; not by works so no one can brag about it (Eph.2:8,9). There is nothing that we can do to ensure our salvation. Nothing......except believe (Acts 16:31). So then why do we work so hard to be "good" Christians? What's the point of striving to be good and doing good deeds if it's not gonna get us anywhere? But, I came to a beautiful realization - although I don't have to do a single thing to earn salvation, when I truly understand the greatness of what Christ did for me, I will naturally want to share that with everyone. I'll want to do whatever it takes for those people so that they will open up and accept Christ, too. It's a liberating concept - I don't have to do anything, but I'll want to do everything for Him.

We watched a short video clip showing the battle that goes on all around us and what Jesus did and is doing for us every day. Take a look at it - I found it deeply moving. Notice that Jesus never stops working on our behalf no matter how far away we get from Him!

Comments

Bev said…
Thanks for sharing that video clip Mai. It really touched me. I think that would be a great skit for REAL Christian Theater to do. Miss you. xoox
Anonymous said…
We did this play at camp for the Friday night play. It really moved the kids and the staff. It seemed like every week it was just as powerful. God really moved through this drama. I'm glad you posted it up.
Sean said…
Guess what? REAL is doing that exact skit this season. Both Megan and Rhonda had seen it done and they showed us the video clip you've posted. We loved it and will be learning it and performing it this fall!

The part that blew me away was when Jesus stepped in and took the abuse for her. . .wow. . .it gave me goosebumps.

Popular Posts