Settling In
Since my last post, much has happened. I won't go into too much detail right now, but here are the highlights:
- I've learned lots of Spanish. Everyone thinks I look Hispanic, thus they speak to me in Spanish. I love it, because I'm learning so much!
- I've cut a Brazilian boy's hair.
- I've gone bridesmaid dress shopping, so far without success.
- I've learned lessons from a squirrel.
- I've played "football" (aka. soccer) with the South Americans, and actually scored a goal.
- I've gotten many mosquito bites all over my hands and feet due to outdoor vespers after dark.
- But most exciting, I've finally gotten to move on campus! For the first week and a half of LIFE, I was still staying with my brother because the on-campus housing wasn't finished yet. But Wednesday night, I finally got to move in and stay in my own place. It's quite small, pretty much like a motel room, but I have my own bathroom and a little fridge and microwave. Right now, I have the room to myself, but I'm supposed to be receiving a roommate from Brazil and one from India. Below are some pictures of my new place....
I am learning so much here at LIFE, and will be sharing more now that we have internet on-campus!
- I've learned lots of Spanish. Everyone thinks I look Hispanic, thus they speak to me in Spanish. I love it, because I'm learning so much!
- I've cut a Brazilian boy's hair.
- I've gone bridesmaid dress shopping, so far without success.
- I've learned lessons from a squirrel.
- I've played "football" (aka. soccer) with the South Americans, and actually scored a goal.
- I've gotten many mosquito bites all over my hands and feet due to outdoor vespers after dark.
- But most exciting, I've finally gotten to move on campus! For the first week and a half of LIFE, I was still staying with my brother because the on-campus housing wasn't finished yet. But Wednesday night, I finally got to move in and stay in my own place. It's quite small, pretty much like a motel room, but I have my own bathroom and a little fridge and microwave. Right now, I have the room to myself, but I'm supposed to be receiving a roommate from Brazil and one from India. Below are some pictures of my new place....
A view from the street - my room is #5. (Come visit me!)
I am learning so much here at LIFE, and will be sharing more now that we have internet on-campus!





Comments
Sorry I keep missing your calls. I wish I could call back but I don't think I can. Know that I love you and I look forward to hearing from you soon.