He Promises

Bible study on Friday night...... the sermon last Sabbath morning....... talking with a friend........ The topic of "promises" has kept popping up. The Bible is packed full and overflowing with amazing promises that we can claim - they are ours, written specifically for us! Whatever our need, whatever trouble we're facing, there is a promise we can find to trump the problem! When this world is swirling with turmoil all around us, we can claim God's peace in John 14:27. When we're dealing with a difficult person and we're having a hard time loving them - don't worry, we don't have to love them, because we can claim the promise in Romans 5:5 that says God will love through us with His love. Whatever we need in life - anything at all - we can claim the promise in Mark 11:22-24; all we gotta do is ask, believe, and we will receive! Such amazing promises! All we gotta do is claim them and believe that it's already done!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

LIFE is progressing wonderfully! Time is flying by too quickly - we just finished week #8! We're about halfway through. As I continue to raise money, pray for the Thai people and study to learn the language, I'm increasingly excited about our coming work there. I still don't know a lot about it - where I'll be or what exactly I'll be doing - but more and more everyday, I am reassured that that's where God wants me and He has something great planned! It's super exciting!!! Please pray with me and for me as the time is getting closer and closer!

Here are some random pictures from the past week or so.

One my classmates from Chile is a talented artist. We had this drawing on the white board in the classroom for several days.

We've gotten a little program together - songs, skits, testimonies - that we have and will continue to share with various churches in the area as we continue to raise funds and awareness of our program.

Last weekend, Ron and Tiffany agreed to take care of 2 Italian Greyhounds belonging to some friends. We had a lot of fun with Penash and Horatio!

We had a little tea party on Sunday morning before breakfast.....

......and Ronald had a little party of his own!
Last week we studied the prophecy in Daniel 2 in groups and had to do a short presentation for the class. One group came up with a catchy little song. The lyrics are below (as close as possible) in case you're not able to understand what he's saying.



The dream was of the king,

And he did explain, explain to him.

Because the king forgot the dream,

And this is how it went:

Head of gold, from Babylon.

Chest and arms of silver, Medo-Persia.

Belly and thighs, that was Greece.

Legs of iron, Rome.

Feet of clay and iron, divided to form Europe.

And Jesus come like a stone,

And He broke everything apart.

And everybody could see

That they told this to the king.


Comments

Sean said…
I've been thinking a lot about God's promises too. It's good to remind ourselves of His faithfulness.
Sean said…
Oops! Elijah isn't talking yet much less commenting. I must have done something when I was working on his blog. I will fix it. In the meantime, I'm sure he'd comment if he could!

Sean
Beth said…
Nice Nose Ronald!!
Secret Gardener said…
:)I'm glad you're so happy my dear. I think we are both blessed to be happy, in the company of those we love, discovering new things, learning; I feel blessed anyway.

Thinking about you often...
Bev said…
Hey Mai, I'm praying for you! Glad that things are coming along. You'll be in Thailand before you know it! miss ya. xoxo

Popular Posts