Weekend With the Boys!
Last weekend, my brother Royce came down from Canada to visit. It was a lot of fun to have the 3 of us together again. This time we weren't together for an event - a wedding, graduation, funeral, or holiday - we were together just to hang out, and that we did! It was a very full weekend - filled with lots of family, great food, fun things, and good times - it was great!
Royce arrived on Wednesday night and then came to class with me on Thursday morning. I wanted him to see where I'm going to school and to meet all my new friends. For lunch, we met up with Tiffany, Ronald, and a bunch of Ronald's co-workers at a Thai restaurant. My brothers had it all planned out for Ronald to stay in the car and Royce to go in pretending that he was Ronald. The plan worked out perfectly, and they were all surprised when the real Ronald walked in several moments later.
Sabbath after church was when the real fun began. We had all our relatives in the area over for Sabbath dinner. Ronald & Tiffany's tiny little apartment was crammed full with about 17 people! It was wonderful to be with so much family in such a small space!

Sunday we hit the beach! I've been here in Florida for almost 2 months and it was the first time I'd been to the beach. It wasn't anything like the beaches in Saipan - the water wasn't that gorgeous turquoise color - but there were some sorta waves. It wasn't the sunniest day, but we still enjoyed playing in the waves and each taking turns on the Booggie boards. My favorite part was curling up on my towel and falling asleep to the sound of waves crashing and the smell of salt in the air.
That evening, we went to The Melting Pot. It's a restaurant that's more than just a meal, it's an experience. We started off with two types of cheese fondue and then ordered the vegetable platter with dipping batters, sauces, and stuffings. I had no idea what to do with half the stuff, but it was yummy, and quite the experience!

The weekend was over way to quickly. I had to go back to school on Monday morning, Ronald returned to work, and Royce boarded his plane back to Canada. Although it was short, we packed a lot of memories into a that time!
Royce arrived on Wednesday night and then came to class with me on Thursday morning. I wanted him to see where I'm going to school and to meet all my new friends. For lunch, we met up with Tiffany, Ronald, and a bunch of Ronald's co-workers at a Thai restaurant. My brothers had it all planned out for Ronald to stay in the car and Royce to go in pretending that he was Ronald. The plan worked out perfectly, and they were all surprised when the real Ronald walked in several moments later.
Sabbath after church was when the real fun began. We had all our relatives in the area over for Sabbath dinner. Ronald & Tiffany's tiny little apartment was crammed full with about 17 people! It was wonderful to be with so much family in such a small space!

Later that evening, we went over to some friend's place for game night and "Make-Your-Own-Pizza." It was great fun!
We started the evening off with good game of Jenga.
Sunday we hit the beach! I've been here in Florida for almost 2 months and it was the first time I'd been to the beach. It wasn't anything like the beaches in Saipan - the water wasn't that gorgeous turquoise color - but there were some sorta waves. It wasn't the sunniest day, but we still enjoyed playing in the waves and each taking turns on the Booggie boards. My favorite part was curling up on my towel and falling asleep to the sound of waves crashing and the smell of salt in the air.
That evening, we went to The Melting Pot. It's a restaurant that's more than just a meal, it's an experience. We started off with two types of cheese fondue and then ordered the vegetable platter with dipping batters, sauces, and stuffings. I had no idea what to do with half the stuff, but it was yummy, and quite the experience!
The weekend was over way to quickly. I had to go back to school on Monday morning, Ronald returned to work, and Royce boarded his plane back to Canada. Although it was short, we packed a lot of memories into a that time!






















Comments
Love you!
Ooo, and isn't the Melting Pot good? When you come visit me, I'll take you to Urban Fondue, it's like the Melting Pot but yummier and sexier (it has red cushy booth seats)!
I remember you saying during our phone chat this weekend that it felt almost too late to post about that weekend. I'm glad you did it anyway.
Yeah, FL beaches are nice and all but they don't hold a candle to Saipan, plus it takes so long to get there.
I like the Melting Pot. Haven't been there in a very long time. It seems so quintessentially "Orlando" for some reason.