Abundant Blessings
I have been so incredibly busy in the past few weeks - school, homework, church programs, and helping with the Discoveries 08 Mark Finley meetings - and yet, I can't think of another time in my life when I've been so blessed. I truly feel that God is giving me the abundant life that He promised in John 10:10. There are still challenges, frustrations, questions, and struggles, but the joy, peace, fullness, and beauty far surpasses all of that!
One of my hugest blessings right now is my prayer group that meets for about an hour every morning. In my mind, I call us the Faithful Four, because others come now and then, but the four of us are always there. Prayer brings people together, and as we've spent countless hours together on our knees - praying for friends, families, people battling cancer or caught in spiritual warfare, our up-coming mission in Thailand, and each other - we've become of "one heart and one mind" (Acts 4:32). And as a result, it's amazing to see God at work in our lives! Often our prayers will be answered in a mighty way that same day, in ways that we hadn't even thought of or expected! Also, there are many times in which 2 or more people from our group will be convicted about a certain thing which will lead us to pray about that thing and learn more about the amazing God that is working in our lives! (Did you know that every time you are convicted about something and are led into deeper truth, that is a direct encounter and experience with God because Jesus is Truth!) We are learning so much about prayer, spiritual warfare, the Holy Spirit, the ways in which God works, how to love others, the connection between physical and spiritual health, and the need for a burden for souls.
I am just so blessed to be surrounded by other young people who have the same passions and desires to reach the world for God, and who I know I can go to at any time if I ever need to pray.
Virginia is also my roommate, which is a huge answer to prayers! I prayed for good roommates and I know that God brought Virginia to me. Even though she only speaks mostly Spanish, we still are able to break the language barrier and we laugh a lot! She always brings a smile to my face and joy to my heart. And it all works out well because I help her with English and she teaches me Spanish!
One of my hugest blessings right now is my prayer group that meets for about an hour every morning. In my mind, I call us the Faithful Four, because others come now and then, but the four of us are always there. Prayer brings people together, and as we've spent countless hours together on our knees - praying for friends, families, people battling cancer or caught in spiritual warfare, our up-coming mission in Thailand, and each other - we've become of "one heart and one mind" (Acts 4:32). And as a result, it's amazing to see God at work in our lives! Often our prayers will be answered in a mighty way that same day, in ways that we hadn't even thought of or expected! Also, there are many times in which 2 or more people from our group will be convicted about a certain thing which will lead us to pray about that thing and learn more about the amazing God that is working in our lives! (Did you know that every time you are convicted about something and are led into deeper truth, that is a direct encounter and experience with God because Jesus is Truth!) We are learning so much about prayer, spiritual warfare, the Holy Spirit, the ways in which God works, how to love others, the connection between physical and spiritual health, and the need for a burden for souls.
I am just so blessed to be surrounded by other young people who have the same passions and desires to reach the world for God, and who I know I can go to at any time if I ever need to pray.
The Faithful Four - (L-R: Erik, Virginia, me, & Andrew)
Virginia is also my roommate, which is a huge answer to prayers! I prayed for good roommates and I know that God brought Virginia to me. Even though she only speaks mostly Spanish, we still are able to break the language barrier and we laugh a lot! She always brings a smile to my face and joy to my heart. And it all works out well because I help her with English and she teaches me Spanish!




Comments