Not Much About Thanksgiving....

I don't have very many pictures from Thanksgiving and pictures usually remind me what I did so I can blog about it......... so this will be a very random, sporadic, and probably non-comprehensive blog. Enjoy!

Wednesday night, after hanging out all day at the Holy Land, I rushed over to Ron & Tiff's place - they were waiting for me so we could all set up the Christmas tree. Tiffany's sister, Brittany, had arrived that afternoon, so we we had a great time putting up the tree, decorating it, making super unhealthy chocolate chip cookies, and then eating them!!!

Thanksgiving morning, I got up early because I wanted to run! After running up Topachau last Thanksgiving, I decided to run something every Thanksgiving no matter where I am. Since I didn't have an amazing mountain to run up, I decided to run around Lake Baldwin near my brother's apartment. It was very different from last year's run - not only was it mostly flat, but it was a lot colder! I had to run with long pants, a hoodie and gloves!!!

The rest of the day was spent making food. I was in charge of the pies - one pumpkin and one apple! They turned out great! We also had mashed potatoes, gravy, gluten, stuffing, and beans. It was all really yummy! We ate so much that we had to go for a walk before we had room for desert! Then we spent the rest of the evening sipping tea and playing games.

Friday was another leisure day, just spent together as a family. Tiffany's cousin came by to visit for a little while and then later that evening we went over to her place to have dinner with her and her family. They live in the little, picture-perfect town of Celebration, about 30 minutes south of Orlando. After dinner we walked around the lake in the center of the town. It was pretty cold and beautifully decorated for the season - it really felt like Christmas!!

Sabbath and Sunday were pretty much normal days. Brittany flew back to Washington and I came back to school - life returned to normal. All in all, it was a very enjoyable long weekend.

Comments

Sean said…
Hey Mai. . .sounds like a restful holiday weekend! Missed ya on the Trot this year. They even had t-shirts this year. We'll be running the Jingle Bell Run next week.
Ev said…
You did a beautiful job of decorating the Christmas tree. Yes, isn't Celebration the most perfect city within a city!! My sister and I went thru showhomes there about 9 years ago and shopped at the little village (at the time) which no doubt has grown tremendously. Even had lunch at a restaurant there. We didnt' get a chance to go there when we were down for Jeff's wedding. Enjoy your last weeks there. Going to your folk's for dinner tomoro evening.

Popular Posts