Trek to Canada
I left the house at 4 A.M. on Sunday morning to head for the airport. Before I had even checked in, I was told that my flight had been canceled. They put me on another flight, but that one was also delayed, so I didn't end up leaving until around 11 A.M. When I landed in New Jersey, I was to meet up with my best friend, Sarah Jane, and her fiancee. It was great to see them! We were supposed to catch a plane at 7 P.M. to Moncton, New Brunswick, but that flight was also canceled. We stood in the customer service line for hours trying to get another flight. Eventually they put Sarah Jane and Bill on a flight the next morning and they put me and one of Bill's friends on standby. So we spent a very long, cold night in the airport. First thing the next morning, we made it to our gate to be sure we didn't miss our flight, but we didn't really have to worry because it was delayed 3 or 4 times before we could even board. After much prayer, we all thankfully got on the plane and headed to Canada. When we arrived in Moncton, the weather was so bad that Sarah Jane's parents weren't able to come pick us up. It was even a miracle that our plane was able to land - it was the only plane that had come in for a couple days. We got on a train and headed to Sarah Jane's hometown of Mirimichi, arriving about 2.5 hours later. It was freezing cold and the wind literally sucked the breath out of you, making it extremely difficult to breath. Sarah Jane's parents met us at the train station and we finally made it safely to our destination by 8 P.M. that evening! It was about 40 hours of travelling - worse than traveling to Saipan or Thailand!!! But it's nice to finally be here, although it is very cold and a lot of snow....not something I'm used to!
Very happy to be back with my best friend!






Comments
Details to come in an upcoming blog!
Glad you made it safe, my friend.